Aww I hope...

demented_kitten
on 3/20/09 6:38 am - Roy, WA
...Someone reads this... I just now found this forum (wish I knew about it before) and it's dead dead dead! Oh well, I'm still gunna ask away and hope maybe someday, someone will see this and answer me hehe. So, stretch marks, I know if you get them AFTER you have a tattoo you can ruin your tattoo... but I don't know about people getting tattoos OVER stretch marks? Does it successfully cover them? Does anyone have any pictures? My whole body is one big stretch mark and I've had to carefully select tattoo locations but when I reach goal I'm going BIG and I know part of the area is laden w/marks  so yeah, just curious.
AuntieMellie
on 3/20/09 9:16 am - Litchfield, NH
lol, someones read it, but i'm sorry to say i have no answer for ya
next time i go to my tattoo guy i'll pose the question, see if he has any insight.

I'm only human, learning to live stronger, healthier and happier.  I will overcome this struggle and I will do it with the support of my family and friends.      

demented_kitten
on 3/20/09 10:38 am - Roy, WA
Aw hehe thankies.
Modified
on 3/23/09 5:54 am - Canada
It all depends on what you get. Generally speaking it will camouflage them and depending on what kind of colours and detail you go into will determine how much it covers up. You can google image search so a generally idea, but here's an example that I found that shows you that it can be done!

z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/W/4/1/beforeandafterscar.jpg

Hope this all helps!

xoxo
Louise

happy girl
on 3/31/09 10:52 pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your user name!  I was going to suggest google images - stretch marks, tattoos and see if anything comes up ......  I am at work or I would do it and report back for you  or ask on the Plastic surgery board, tattoos over scars arent' exactly the same, but might give you an idea and maybe someone over there has done that.

good luck!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

demented_kitten
on 4/1/09 2:56 am - Roy, WA
Heya, thanks haha...

I did a search before I posted but couldn't find much for images, only ones covering scars. The other day I did a web search though and found a couple of tattoo forums where people posted the same question (they were both from mom's who had stretch marks from getting pregnant... I wish that were my excuse  hehe). From what I gather based on the answers on those forums is that firstly I guess you have to find a tattoo artist who is experienced in doing tattoo work over stretch marks because while you can get tattoos over them, they don't hold up like regular skin. It has to be something colorful or just color in general, no lines/detail and especially not black because wherever the stretch mark is the ink is going to bleed. Your skin is thin and damaged where the stretch mark is unlike scars, most scars are large pockets of skin and doesn't really cause much problems. Its not going to stop me from getting them, I just have to make sure it's not detailed lines where the stretch marks are hehe and it's colors that I don't mind if they bleed together... Someone posted one picture and it was a large beautiful flower arrangement going up her hips but the colors worked super well together so it didn't matter if they bled together but I can see where you'd want to make sure you weren't doing solid lines across the marks. It's going to be hard for me because my whole upper body is pretty much one big stretch mark! *ugh* :P
beckui2.jpg picture by myspaceURL

g1rl 0n f1re
on 4/3/09 3:24 am - City of Angels, CA
yes, it's possible...to an extent...
you're not gonna get much detail to show over stretch marks...
ask around for local artists who are comfortable working with scar tissue...it really is a niche.
good luck!
xxxBecca
" Let us drink a toast....to Gods and Monsters"
                                    -Dr. Pretorious; Bride of Frankenstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 974 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 462 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 640 views