Need some help.

Rodnée Renée G.
on 11/20/09 12:16 pm - Hoffman Estates, IL
Okay I have only 5 tatts and have been waiting til I lose weight (I'm pre op still) to get more ink. Dont wanna have things shift ya know :o) Well, when I met my now fiance I told him I was really into tatts. That I look forward to more. At the time, he didnt have any himself. After a year and a half we got matching "bookends". We got tux- those who dont know its the logo type thing for linux- as windows is a windows. He is a computer geek :oD My way of getting his name tatted on me without the precurser that follows getting names. Well since surgery will be near I have been looking around for a great artist to help custom make my sleeve tatt and chest piece. He has been droping some not-so-subtle hints that he doesnt want me to get all the work I want done. What do I do? We have 2 kids together and I love him. I dont think I need to sacrafice what I have been longing for, for sooo long! I feel like when I told him in the begining I wanted more- that should of been the time to speak up. I dunno. Am I wrong for not doing what he wants?
Sorry for rambling
nee'
oh anyone wanna be friends? Add me :o)

HW 317/ 175~GOAL REACHED 9.8.10/CW 136 ~*While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.*~  
moondancer2000
on 12/2/09 11:45 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
I don't check this forum too often and honestly I don't know what to tell ya.  Just that I feel for you.  I have a handful of tatts of which I will lose about two maybe three once I get my TT and plastic.  One of which I got at Hart & Huntington in Honolulu.  Hubbs and I are big tatt ppl and I wouldn't like to be told what to get specially if he KNEW before hand about what I wanted.  

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

BoweryBetty
on 12/7/09 11:49 am - San Francisco, CA
Hi, Momma...Sorry it took me a bit to see this post.  You were not rambling.  I hear you about having kids and loving him.  But, BOTTOM LINE?  It's YOUR body.  If he keeps dropping his "not-so-subtle hints", I'd drop some MAJOR reminders that you mentioned your desire to get more ink a looong time ago.  I know I'm not alone when I say tattoos hold a special (it feels 'spiritual' for me) meaning and shouldn't be considered as trivial or trendy.  They tell a story of who you are and what you've been through.  NO ONE has the right to deny you of celebrating/marking your story.  NO ONE.  Don't back down.  You told him about wanting more when you first met and he should honor that.  It's true that good relationships often hinge on the ability to compromise on certain issues and work together -- but this is an issue you should never have to compromise on.  You are not wrong for not doing what he wants.  Bottom line -- it's YOUR body.  I'm pre-op, too, and I wish you nothing but the best, hon'....but I sincerely hope he doesn't generally have issues with trying to control things too much to his liking.  What is he going to do when you start dropping major amounts of weight and begin to transform before his eyes? 

Be safe and well, B.B.

Dwanny
on 5/27/10 10:01 am - Springtown, TX
what she said!!!!
It's your body and you should do whatever you feel.
I've known women who say they want to cut their hair, but their husbands would get mad.
WTF? 
Tell him you respect him and what he has to say, but ultimately, it's your decision.
Maybe you can compromise on a design or 2.

The only good cat is a sleeping cat...>^--^< zzzzzzz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Tattooed: share your story?
Bette B. · 0 replies · 974 views
Nervous
ElizabethAshleigh · 1 replies · 462 views
NEW TATTOOED CHICKEY!!!!
Dollface-1981 · 4 replies · 640 views
Medical Alert Tattoo
Cocobean · 0 replies · 496 views