MUSIC TEACHERS???????

hermanjeannie
on 1/17/05 10:27 am - SMALL TOWN, OH
Hey are there any music teachers out there? I teach 6th, 7th and 8th grade chorus, show choir and dance. Too much fun. And, a ton more fun without a ton of weight on! I am more positive and enthusiastic!! Jeannie
monet s.
on 1/20/05 11:01 am - Mountains of, NC
music teacher here - elementary (prek-5th). i feel so much more comfortable being in front of the kids now! 100lbs down and 70lbs to go! monet
miztex
on 1/30/05 1:32 pm - Pharr, TX
I direct a childrens choir in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. I was a classroom teacher(Choir, band, strings all levels) over the last 22 years. Now I am a stay at home mommy with Jacob,5, and DeeDee, 3. Don't miss it one bit. Totally burned out. It's nice to take a break. I don't know what I will do when the kids are both in school, but I may try something new. I always said If I was burned out I would leave before I did damage to the kids; not stay until retirement. Just had my surgery on 1/19/05. I feel great. I am twenty lbs. lighter! Lou Ann Gramann [email protected]
G. Daddy
on 2/2/05 1:31 pm - San Gabriel, CA
I'm kind of late on this but I'll post anyway! I used to teach music - 4 choirs and a piano class, high school level. It was my first teaching job, and boy howdy, was I not ready. I don't play piano... I play keys, like in rock bands... but no piano! I had the son of the local university's head of choral conducting in my show choir... he was a miserable man, and didn't approve of my music school's choral conductor (Azusa Pacific University in the Gary Bonner era) Anyway, I teach computer stuff now - digital imaging, web publishing and computer applications (MS Office) and like it a lot better. I play bass and sing backup in a busy cover band and really love performing... I also play for my worship team at my church. I don't miss "teaching" music, though I'm having a blast teaching my 11 year old son electric bass and guitar! C h e e r s, gene
Jamgirlie
on 2/3/05 10:42 pm - Americus, GA
This year I teach 7th and 8th grade chorus and music appreciation. All girls except 2 guys. Last year I also taught preK-3rd. Before that I taught grades 4-8 band, 150 member chorus and music appreciation. I'm looking for a job in Georgia because that is where my husband lives. Last year I had the elementary do a Mexican Fiesta program and I taught them a Mexican dance. I will not forget how I could barely show them how. I can definitely now do that much better. Jamie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Music teachers with VSG
Beautenoir · 0 replies · 160 views
Need some snack advice
Judy M. · 1 replies · 446 views
Need A Change Of Pace
Sis'ta "T" Bone · 0 replies · 335 views
can i miss the last day?
krmlk26 · 4 replies · 356 views
Started back Monday
shoop727 · 1 replies · 356 views