RNY candidate

Linda T.
on 2/20/05 12:25 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello, I just found this board. I am a third grade teacher in Florida. I team teach with a friend. I teach all the Language Arts and Social Studies. I am in the last few weeks of completing my portfolio for National Board Certiification. That has me majorly stressed. I am also going through the pre-op process for RNY. That is the only procedure that my insurance will cover. I have two sisters that have had the surgery and they are doing well. Does anyone have any super suggestions for me as I go through this time? I am hoping to have the surgery done in June or early July since we start school the first week in August. Linda
Diane M.
on 3/5/05 6:31 am - Hazard, KY
Hi Linda. I'm a first grade teacher in KY. I have being teaching for 27 years. I have taught every grade except K. I would suggest as you prepare that you get a notebook and write all your thoughts down good and bad. I call mine the journey journal. It's a good way to get things off your chest when you just want to scream. I researched and prayed for 10 months before I made the decision to have the RNY. I will be 3 years out in June. I began to walk for 30 mintues brfore the surgery. I didn't walk fast or far but I walked. I also drank 3 protein shakes each day and had a regular meal in the evening. I suggest that you start experimenting with proceeds food. My favorite was and I still make it is a chicken cheese soup.Cook skinless boneless chicken breast until falling apart. Then heat a can of chicken broth. Add broth chicken and Veletta cheese together in a blender and blend until smooth. Diane
Linda T.
on 3/5/05 7:31 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi there, Thanks for replying. So, you think I should go ahead now and start getting used to the kinds of food I will be eating. Is that what you are telling me? I thought about it. The thought of a protein shake doesn't thrill me. Are there any that you can buy that are already mixed, or do you have to mix them all themselves? The journal idea sounds great. The big problem for me is that I am in the final stages of preparing my portfolio for National Board Certification. When that is sent in, then I can think of other things. I do have a surgeon's appointment already, though Thanks. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Music teachers with VSG
Beautenoir · 0 replies · 159 views
Need some snack advice
Judy M. · 1 replies · 446 views
Need A Change Of Pace
Sis'ta "T" Bone · 0 replies · 334 views
can i miss the last day?
krmlk26 · 4 replies · 355 views
Started back Monday
shoop727 · 1 replies · 356 views