Wellspring Theraputic Weightloss camp

audralynn
on 8/25/11 2:59 am - Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to let all the parents of obese/overweight kids that the wellspring camp has been a fabulous blessing for my family. I had the RNY 12/2009 and lost 125 pounds which only made my 12 year old very angry. She was 50 pounds overweight and very sad hating herslef all the time. After spending two summers at this wellspring camp she is a new happy little girl. She has lost 47 pounds and loves herself.
The very unfortunate part is that it is very very expensive. But WORTH every thousand we spent.

Just another resource if you are able for your child.

Audra
fernfrog
on 6/17/13 1:35 am - CA

I had to give this a response! I had RNY 9/2009. I successfully lost 115lbs, while my niece who was 12 at the time, gained and gained. 

My sister invested in sending her to Wellspring for the school year. She came home 80lbs lighter, and a very confident and healthy 16 year old. She is beautiful and happy. She is most importantly HEALTHY and loving her life with exercise. She started as a summer camp attendee, but ended up having some issues in school and so my sister and husband decided to invest in sending her away to therapeutic boarding school. It was the best decision. She is so happy!

Now, her only issue is that she would like plastic surgery to take care of her breasts- which I will post a different thread on.

Most Active