How my Daughter lost over 100 pounds WITHOUT Surgery

Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 4:03 am, edited 9/20/11 4:05 am
My greatest fear of having children was passing on my "fat-ness".  When my daughter was getting into Junior High, she really started gaining weight, so I was being proactive in helping her to stay focused on a solid nutrition based diet (not just caloric restrictive) and started getting her active.

We moved to a new State in her Freshman year of High School, she was up to 286 pounds at 5' 10" -- so she wasn't really getting the most bang for her nutritional buck - so I offered her a deal: Drink a Meal Replacement Shake on her way to school, and I will drive her to school.  She would have to walk the three miles home, but not having to take the bus was a good deal for her!

Every morning, I would help her wake up - she isn't a morning person - and I would make her a Meal Replacement Shake & warm the truck for our ride.  Skipping BREAKFAST is the WORST thing a child can do - especially if that child already has weight issues!  I, myself, still have to be diligent & have a Meal Replacement Shake for breakfast - but I do it EVERY DAY!  My daughter started losing weight, and by end of Sophomore year, she was a NORMAL WEIGHT!

My daughter is now going to college, still at home, still drinking a Meal Replacement Shake EVERY DAY (I saw her status on Facebook, smiled "I love having Meal Replacement Shakes, it makes it feel like Fall again!").  My daughter is about 175 pounds, standing 5' 10", so she is on the high end of the BMI - her photo is in my blog - please look at it & tell me -- does she look fat to you???

Go to iLikeChike.com - try their Travel Pack - $6.95 -- tell them Brenda from OH told you about their product if you call 877-974-2537 - they MAY send you the Travel Pack for FREE!  This is what my Kate drinks!!!!  She is walking proof you don't need surgery to lose weight and do it HEALTHY!!!

Brenda : )~

ACASHMAMA
on 9/20/11 4:49 am
THat is really awesome! My Mom was always afraid to pass on her fat-ness too. She always tried to help me as I was growing up. 2 years ago she lost 100 lbs using Medifast and is now a health coach and is doing absolutely amazing. She is truly my inspiration. She is also very supportive of me and my choice to have vsg. Moms are the best! You did your daughter a great service in helping her get this under control at a young age. You rock!
Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 10:04 am
I would do ANYTHING for my child!  That is the very reason I worked with her - not telling her what to do.  I offered her this as a possible way to help, and she now says she won't go a day without her meal replacement shake!

Keeping her active has helped, she is now working her way through college, and will be in a physically demanding career -- I am SO proud of her!

To all you teens (and younger) out there, you do not have to give up!!!  The hardest part is making a commitment to continuing a new habit - I always say it takes three weeks to make or break a habit!  One change at a time, and you keep adding more over time, you can become a healthier YOU!

Brenda : )~
Most Active