18 and thinking about wls

Kocokal
on 11/16/11 9:29 am
 It's definitely been floating in my mind, my mom had it a few years ago, but to me it was not successful for her. I on the other hand feel I can be succesful with it, I was on a program, where had to do it for 6 months because I was under 18 but now I'm just looking to have it. I know that wls isn't the cure, you need to work at it etc, Im thinking of wls as a tool to help me lose this weight. I just don't know which one to get, my mom keeps pressuring me to do the one she had, and were gonna eat right together! I know she uses the obesity help forums as well, but to me she doesn't eat healthy..she snacks at night, when I try and take the food from her she'll yell at me...or threathen me. She had the surgery six years ago and still is at a same weight really, her and my sister who is 40 now had it around the same time, they are both still really obese. I am not doing that, I played sports in high school, and I can move around..so when I have this sugery it's full blast and Im not coming back, part of why I was obese: My mom never cooks, or provides healthier foods in the house, She doesn't let me jog at night, and I don't have a car..so some changes are going to have to be made definitely but yeah Im ready to start my life off right and healthy, I want to be a carefree college kid who doesn't have to worry about fitting in seats, and roller coasters and missing out on all the fun things you do when your younger!
Most Active