This is a WONDERFUL SURPRISE!!!!!!

Linda J.
on 1/11/05 4:01 pm - Poulsbo, WA
I had no idea that I would find other entertainers with their own message board!!!!! I just joined about a week ago and my surgery is still months away....In fact I just chose my doctor........BUT I have been buzzing around the website learning and trying to understand so much information!!! It is wonderful to find all of you. oh I am a voice-over/commercial actress out of Seattle. I also do live theatre just about anywhere I can get to in the area. I chose VOICE/OVER for my profession because of my size.....I have great voice but no one has to see me........WELL THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE.....and I am so excited about it. S0..lets get to know each other a llittle...anyone doing a show? I just got thru directing "GlenGarry Glen Ross" had one of my lead actors ave a heart attack 4 days from opening.........BUT We opened on time.....what a week!!!!! Well I hope you are all healthy and well. I am a real newbe and have many questions.One that is really bothering me....how did your surgery and weight loss effect your friendships and family relationships. AND you know how in community theatre how gossip just flies so quickly...did that happen to anyone? Well it is late here in Poulsbo Wa and must get ready for tomorrow. Rehearsing 54 kids in a Youth production of "Lewis and CLark" all morning! BREAK-A-LEG, Linda Poulsbo
Jenny J.
on 1/15/05 10:18 am - North Tazewell, VA
Howdy! Fellow actor/etc here! I used to teach theatre, but now I just coach forensics and I LOVE it! I hated teaching theatre. More divas that in the backstage world! I just teach English now You know, the acting parts would be sooooo vast if I were more of an engenue , rather than a Big Mamma/character actor. I am new here too, about three weeks now. My biggest fear is people commenting on my shrinking butt. When fat people lose weight, it seems perfectly acceptable to discuss it with them, ever notice? I lost weight once and had so many people tell me how proud they were of me. I could smack someone for that! Isn't there something else to be proud of? GLengarry Glen Ross? I never found a love for Mamet
sweetaim2
on 1/17/05 3:50 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
I'm glad we got the ball rolling with this message board. Hope it keeps going. I'm scheduled to have my surgery 1/25 and I'm so excited. I sang professionally for many years in NYC & now I do community & regional theater. I've always played the 2nd bannana (the chubby roles). I've always loved those roles. I do hope that changes, there are great leading women roles for altos (& thin). I get a lot of respect when I direct. I guess having the control & putting on good theater matters more than size. I've directed over 10 shows & still continue to do so. The theater gossip is a buzz now & I haven't even had the surgery yet. For what people have told me, you really know who you're friends are when you have this surgery & don't treat you so differently. Thanks for keeping this going, Amy
jrbartlett
on 1/28/05 4:55 am - Arlington, TN
HI Amy, wow , what did you sing in NY? My 18 year old daughter is currently in NY at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. she is really better suited for broadway as her singing voice is great. unfortunately she prefers standard theater over musical theater. I am hoping that changes in the next few years as she gets a bit mroe mature. we coudl sure use you here in Memphis as we are always looking for good directors. we are doing a readers theater version of inherit the wind in may, and 12 angry men in june and zombie prom in july, now I just have to figure out how to pay for those productions(g). have a great day.
Linda J.
on 1/20/05 1:09 am - Poulsbo, WA
Sung to "I'm Getting Married in the Morning".... I'm going to the Surgeon on Tuesday, fuss, fuss, I'm nervous as can be, no reason to be, he's only there to help me, I just can't miss that big ferry!!!! Whew, Yup Tuesday I meet with the surgeon it is the first step and I am a lttle nervous.....oh and you have to take a Ferry across the Puget Sound to get to Seattle from Poulsbo...... Sure was nice to hear from guys!!!! I am soooooo happy that there are other actors and directors and all on this board. Happy to say my Kids production went off well but I got turned down to direct a WONDERFUL THRILLER at my local theatre. They thought it too much of a THRILLER. I guess they are afraid of killing off the audience...being their average age is 74..really!!!! The theatre is 60 years old this year and the patrons have been here nearly that long!!! Oh we have some younger....but.... So talk to me....tell me about what the heck you eat now! I understand about the protein drinks...but what else? I mean I have been reading the site like crazy but it is sooooo big......I think it said no to milk but how about SOYMILK, coffee? Any hints to remember when I go to the Doc? They are sending me a packet to fill out and bring back with me. SAY.tell me just where do you live????Do your theatres have websites? Mine is www.bremertoncommunitytheatre.org. Click on pictures and go to Farnsdale and there I am the BIGGEST ONE!!!! Hope to hear from you soon Linda
Jenny J.
on 1/22/05 8:14 am - North Tazewell, VA
I am in southwest Virginia. I miss doing theatre. I do coach forensics now and I am loving that. Every year I look forward to and dread dealing with artistic temperments. I used to do this professionally, but found a love for teaching instead.
stagedoor
on 2/6/05 4:20 am - Central Cali Where The Wind Blows Like H*LL!, CA
I hadn't checked the Theatre board in a couple of months! Glad to see people posting! I'll have to come back here a lot more often! My high school troupe finished "Much Ado About Nothing" in December. We're gearing up for a student-directed (OK....I get to direct ONE of them) One Act Festival for May/June. I LOVE teaching theatre! Am building the program at a small central California school (right now I also have to teach Business along with Theatre!! Now THERE'S a left brain/right brain fight every day of my life!) Glad to meet'cha! Stagedoor Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 389 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 413 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 431 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 310 views