HEY!!!!! I KNOW there are more actors out there!!!!!!!

Linda J.
on 1/20/05 1:26 am - Poulsbo, WA
Sooooooo lets talk about WLS and theatre!!!!! I guess I will start!!! Well I am a 2nd generation community theatre addict....I have to say that in school even "Thin" I always got the charector roles..the mothers, the crazy women, you know the parts, so it was no big deal when I put on weight that I continued with those roles.....and I do like them....I JUST WANT TO DO THEM THINNER!!!!!!So it will be a nice perk after the surgery.....mainly I want to be healther, I all ready work out 3 days a week and I walk.....but I have a really tough time taking off weight. I have one grandchild and one on the way and I want to be around to watch them grow and hopefully see their children!! PLUS so many other things.....tie my shoes by BENDING over, garden with more ease.....RUN a little....oh dear, I hear the footsteps of a 3 year old grand daughter runnig down the hall..must go....... SOOOOO come on you fellow "CAST MEMBERS" lets talk!!!!
jrbartlett
on 1/28/05 4:35 am - Arlington, TN
well I will chime in. I am on the board of our local community theatre, we staretd is 5 years ago and still run on a shoestring. it is so hard anymore to get the community to support theatre especially in the South. Now my daughter on the other hand is the actress. she is 18 and currently enrolled in the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in NY. can we say I was opposed to it as I have always been in favor of a degree first. But as we can see she is still in NY doing what she hopes will get her into acting. Yes she is very talented but so are a great many people and the odds are stacked against her, But when I stop and thnk hard on my life it is always the things I did not do or did nto try that I regret, never the things that I did do. So we sent her off to explore her dreams with great hope and expectation, if she fails or falls flat well there is always time for something else. As for our small community theatre we will be producing a readers theatre of Inherit the wind in may, and that will be followed by a production of 12 angry men. our summer musical will be zombie prom. now I just have to figure out how we are going to be able to afford all that. by the way its nice to see felow thespians on here. have a great day.
Zee Starrlite
on 4/26/05 12:18 pm
Hey, I went to AADA in NYC and it was one of the best experiences of my life - more to come. Much luck to your daughter. P.S. AADA has a degree program. Best, Starr
stagedoor
on 2/6/05 4:09 am - Central Cali Where The Wind Blows Like H*LL!, CA
I teach theatre arts at the high school level, and act in community theatre (mostly only in the summer, since I'm working with the kids the rest of the year!). LOVE theatre...RARELY watch movies...live theatre is "where it's at!" Last acted in "The Odd Couple -- Female Version" at my all-time high weight of 236. Played "Olive"...the female Oscar. Loved it! Now I'm at 165...will be interesting to see if I get different parts this summer! Stagedoor Debbie
Linda J.
on 2/6/05 4:19 am - Poulsbo, WA
WEll Happy Super bowl day to you all!!!!! While I am not into football....I DO LOVE the commercials! We will be doing the female versiond of "ODD COUPLE" this year at BCT....I have to admit that one of the WORST plays I have ever seen was this play....about 10 years ago at a college somewhere in Colorado (we were traveling) BUT I have been thinking about auditioning ....I am hoping my surgery will be over and I will be on the losing side by then,. I am glad to hear from you actors ..... Well must clean my kitchen..say..do any of you subscribe to the magizine that I see advertised on the site? How do you like it? Linda from Poulsbo
stagedoor
on 2/6/05 10:47 am - Central Cali Where The Wind Blows Like H*LL!, CA
Do yourself a favor...read "Odd Couple - Female!" I think you'll like it. I'm not surprised it didn't come off at the college level. You need older actresses to really get the "maturity" of the humor right! Yup...I watch the SB for the commercials, too! The one that made me laugh the most so far...the MC Hammer commerical. The one I like the best...the Anheiser Busch salute to service people in the airport. I like the OH magazine, but don't subcribe, myself. My surgeon does, and I usually read it when I'm in his office! (I'm cheap!) Stagedoor Debbie
sweetaim2
on 2/21/05 5:41 am - Monmouth Junction, NJ
Hi Debbie, I directed the Female version of "the odd couple" twice. Just love that show. I've been a director, actor, singer in community & regional theater for 15 years. Having the surgery I know will change my life in many ways. People can't help looking at you and thinking, "oh, big girl, lets cast her as the 2nd bananna or the mom." I'm 35 for goodness sakes!!!
chantewells
on 5/27/05 7:24 am - Rushville, IN
I ventured on my directoral debut last summer with the Male version of "The Odd Couple" I won Director of the Year for it! I love that show! Chante'
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 387 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 413 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 430 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 309 views