Has anyone seen Hairspray or Wicked?

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/05 12:06 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 11/28/05 with
I am going to see Hairspray in September and Wicked in December at a theater in my state - The Bushnell and The Oakdale. They have the touring companies perform and they are amazing. I just saw Rent a few months ago and then a play about Katherine Hepburn starring Kate Mulgrew. That was great! Looking forward to the shows...I miss going to Broadway..but I have to pay for my son's college...so in state is just as good! Nancy
dawn D.
on 6/29/05 10:40 pm - plainville, CT
Hi Nancy, I also live in CT and was thinking about going to see Wicked...i am not a huge fan of hairspray but LOVE wicked....i am not a fan of the bushnell though..everyshow i saw there was terrible..i would personally pay the extra $20 and head over to NY...I love RENT!!!...did you see it last year when Constantine (from american idol) was in it? take care, Dawn
Karyn6899
on 7/14/05 10:53 am - Chicago, IL
Hi, I have been fortunate enough to see Wicked twice, once in SF (pre-broadway engagement) with the original broadway cast. They were AMAZING!!! I next saw it in Chicago with the touring cast which was also amazing! I highly reccomend anyone to see it! Hairspray was also great.... If you can also see the show All Shook Up... that was great as well! Hope you enjoy the shows! All my Best! Bridget
krosmon
on 7/23/05 12:07 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hi. I must be weird - I saw Wicked about 10 days ago here in L.A. and I walked out at intermission - I hated it - thought the script was inane. The voices were good and the dancing was good, but the script and characters were way over the top. I saw Hairspray here a few months ago and I loved it. I agree, it was way over the top, but I thought it was so much fun. I am older and have been around and done theater for many years, so am probably jaded, but I was really disappointed in Wicked. Too bad as it is sold out here. Must be me. Hope you really enjoy it. Kathleen
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/05 4:24 pm - Middletown, CT
RNY on 11/28/05 with
Thanks for your post Kathleen and everyone else! Where I work we get discounted (a little) to these shows - so I am willing to give them a shot. Wicked is like the #1 show on Broadway - but sometimes they just don't click with you - I know that feeling! They are going to be selling tickets for the Lion King in May 06 pretty soon and I am waiting for that day! I just love watching live performances - especially musicals! So much emotion! Has anyone seen Avenue Q? A friend of mine went when it first came to Broadway and loved it. I bought the CD and I LOVE it..it is like an R rated Sesame Street - you have to have a "taste" for it - but it makes me laugh - so I like it! They sing a song "It sucks to be me" --> but it is really about how a lot of times people think that - but you learn that others have different problems - and you don't really have it that bad"...we like it at work - it makes us feel like we have an excuse to whine about our jobs...it's fun! Have a great weekend! Nancy
DrGaellon
on 3/22/07 10:27 pm - Yonkers, NY
I saw Avenue Q twice, once with the original cast, and once just after John Tartaglia left and was replaced by Brandon Foa. It deserved every award it won; it was easily the freshest, most original thing on Broadway in years at the time (I hear buzz that Spring Awakening now has that distinction, but I've yet to see it).
Chocolante
on 8/2/05 12:34 pm - New York, NY
a family member is in hair Spray, I've seen it 1,000 times.hehehe, it is a great play
twistedbarbie
on 12/10/05 11:59 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Ive seen both.... I had 4 call backs for different versions of hair spray.... damn height cuts!.... Wicked.... I saw original cast in NY, then went to the premeire in LA... And... to whoever asked... I saw Ave Q in NY last spring.... Just saw Billy Elliot the musical last night..... it was incredible!
Most Active
Recent Topics
TRISTAN at the DISNY CONCERT HALL
karly · 0 replies · 389 views
Dracula parts posted this morning
S W. · 0 replies · 413 views
Audition question:
S W. · 2 replies · 431 views
What's GOOD? I'm new!
Maritza . · 0 replies · 310 views