Recent Posts

PhoenixRise
on 8/13/12 12:05 pm - San Diego, CA
Topic: 2013 Weight Loss Reunion Are You Going
  Have you decided what you plan to do once you hit your goal in 2013? After getting surgery in 2012? Well I hope we all can get together and take a trip or cruise or for some both. I have talked to many people and we are all on the same page. We are getting together to plan a trip and I would love to get as many sleevers as possible to go. We are going to the Bahamas on a cruise in April and a trip to Las Vegas in November.You will find more information on the site we created for the reunion.  Re-post in your groups so everyone is aware what we are trying to do for 2013 

If your are interested please RSVP https://sites.google.com/site/weight...eunion-sign-up

If you are on any other forums please repost the link we are inviting any and all gastric surgerypatients in 2012 to have fun and show off their new bodies in 2013. Let's keep it going RE-POST, RE-POST, RE-POST
MrsClaus09
on 9/26/11 12:49 pm
Topic: RE: Pics from Tahiti/Bora Bora
I can imagine it was just wonderful!!!  Bora Bora is on my list of places to visit - my sister has been and the pictures just call to me!!!  Glad you had such an amazing trip!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
MrsClaus09
on 9/26/11 12:45 pm
Topic: Going to Disney! Any advice?
Hi all!  This will be our (Santa/DH and I) first trip to WDW!  And, of course, that means I have questions!

What shouldn't we miss?  What should we do about dining - we have the free dining plan but I understand that you should make reservations in advance?  What restaurants are really worth it - of course, keeping in mind my that I don't eat huge portions as most of us do not.  Any shows that we shouldn't miss? 

Please, any tips and tricks and advice would be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you, thank you! I'm SOOO excited!  Even moreso now that I can get my tush on a few rides!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 6:09 pm
Topic: RE: After loosing 70 pounds, I think I deserve a holiday!
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:
test
NoMore B.
on 9/21/11 6:08 pm
Topic: RE: After loosing 70 pounds, I think I deserve a holiday!
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:
test
kahlana
on 7/12/11 11:01 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Topic: New to this forum but not OH
hi, Im new to this forum but have been around OH for a few months now. I love to travel and hoping to get to do more of it now that I am an empty-nester. I am working on becoming a travel writer and hope that someday I'll be good enough at it that it will pay the bills. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi

My Blog My Facebook

VictoriousSecret
on 1/9/11 7:37 am
Topic: RE: Plane seatbelt extenders
In case anyone searches this thread, I bought one on eBay and boy was I glad!  I needed one, definitely!  I needed several inches!  I was able to surreptitiously take it out of my carryon bag and apply it, then put my jacket over my lap.  I don't think my co-worker even noticed.  When we landed, I did the reverse and had it back in my bag before anyone noticed.  That was Feb. 2010 when I was 320/ 325ish.

I'm not flying again until May 2011, which will be 6 months after my surgery.  I will hopefully not need it, and when I get back, I plan to sell that sucker!!!  :)  It was $35 + shipping- ouch!  But well worth it to keep me from having to ask for one!

Temporarily holding on losing more because I'm gaining!  Pregnant with my first baby (a boy!) due June 2013, after two rounds of IVF.  SO GRATEFUL!

Pickles33
on 12/22/10 12:29 am
Topic: RE: Travel to 3rd World Countries after WLS?????
 Yes, the American Embassy in whichever country you're going to should be able to help you with a lot of things.  Especially in emergency situations, you can relay on them. 
Pickles33
on 12/22/10 12:26 am
Topic: RE: European Travel?
 How long will you be there?  If you need (and have time) you could get some food mailed over from some of the health food stores in London.  Holland & Bartnett's is really good and there are also some Whole Food stores around the city as well.  I think they both have online stores with shipping so that might work for you.  
CamillaW
on 10/25/10 6:20 pm
Topic: RE: Plane seatbelt extenders
Instead of buying one, your best bet is to simply call the airline and ask for their advice.
Then the cabin crew can may be able fit a slightly bigger seatbelt to your chair before you get on to the plane.
Saving you a lot of worry and embarassment.
Its definitely worth giving AirTran a call!

Most Active