Recent Posts

Keighty S.
on 6/12/06 1:05 pm - Nor-Cal, CA
Topic: RE: Life after surgery
Hey Bob, Thanks for the reply. I will be Starting back to work next monday and am A little nervous I like you thought I would be able to do something closer to house but money on the road is to good. So I think I'll stick with it a little longer. At least until I get some of the excess weight off Good Luck with your journey and keep me posted. Hugs Katie
Truckerbob
on 6/12/06 12:26 pm - plantation, FL
Topic: RE: Life after surgery
im going to be returning soon to the road (about 2 weeks to be exact) and i have already planned my course of action,, i investigated which major gym chain had clubs along my usual paths and i found that golds gym has more than bally's so i will be joining golds gym so i can hopefully get at least 3 gym workouts in a week, i will be walking everyday (30 minutes away from the truck then 30 minutes back to the truck), i will be buying ankle and wrist weights to add a little resistance, i wasnt going to go back to the road but i cant give the money up, i thought i could but i cant, anyway if i can be of more help,,,ask...bob
Keighty S.
on 5/30/06 6:26 am - Nor-Cal, CA
Topic: Life after surgery
Hi Everyone, There doesn't seem to be a lot of post here so hopefully someone will respond. 10 weeks ago I had Lap Ds and plan to return to driving in a couple of weeks. I was wondering in anyone has had WLS and actually returned to driving OTR. Did anyone have any problems? or was it easy. Thanks Katie
Truckerbob
on 3/15/06 12:33 pm - plantation, FL
Topic: RE: What's the 20 on the "bypass"
im an OTR driver gettn ready to have surgery.....i will probably come off the road for a year but then will be back at it..come on....
Hawkeye Pierce
on 10/9/05 3:04 pm - 1 Horse town in, TX
No, you aint the only bubba out here. Im still here & trying to keep losing weight, to heal my back to go back. Yea, I drove for 6yr, and was with MS Carriers for 3yrs till I got hurt. Im down from 572lb to 403lb last week when I weighed, I was 572lbs in Jan, 455 at time of surgery.......keep us posted.............wavin a hand at'cha....
dbotterell
on 10/9/05 2:44 pm - hesperia, CA
I thought I was the only Bubba trucker on here. I drive for Ralphs (Kroger) and have been there for over 5 years, was OTR 10 prior to that. Saw the writing on the wall with the medical card so got r dune and now just sittin at the home 20 in the High Desert of California by the Pilot.
pattyp
on 8/30/05 2:30 am - Loserland, GA
Hey Good People......we've been trying to get something started on the OTR board. Come on over maybe if we combine our efforts something can jump off. Patty
Carmella
on 8/19/05 10:28 am - Massillon, OH
Hey Jim!!!! I have been lurking this board for over a year and hoping someone would post!!!! I'm a "semi-retired" driver myself. I've been out of the truck for about 9 months. I'm doing the office thing for now. I hope everything went well with your surgery!!!! It's an incredible journey. I'm 3 months out and down 75 pounds.!!! I wish you didn't have to go back into the truck over the road only because it is very hard on our bodies. Please just take your time going back and make sure you are healed inside and can get your eating down. I am still having problems and have been hospitalized twice since my surgery. I'd love to go back to driving again, but now I found out I have to have foot surgery on 9/14 and my foot will be in a cast and on crutches for 3 weeks!!! Man I'm not looking forward to that. If you have any questions about your surgery or anything, just email me!!! Congrats again~~~ Carmella -75lbs in 3mo
QueenKee
on 8/19/05 4:53 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello my Beloved. I'm a truck driver for Coca-Cola. Looking to get into some no-touch short haul work. I have had my CDL for 5yr(class B),had my Class A for about 7mos.Yes this board is really slow. But think about it...we're always driving I see that your surgery date was set for 8/18/05 I hope that everything went well. I know it will be a couple of days b4 you logg in again but drop me a line when u do.Be Blessed QueenKee
Hawkeye Pierce
on 8/16/05 7:47 am - 1 Horse town in, TX
Topic: What's the 20 on the "bypass"
This board is like really slow! I'm gonna drive again, I've been outa work for 4 years still got my CDL , hope I can get back in. Hopefully by this January..........
Most Active
Recent Topics
Life after surgery
Keighty S. · 2 replies · 391 views
need to know/insurance
Rebecca D. · 1 replies · 314 views
Do You Know?
littlebit · 1 replies · 320 views
Stronger!?
Angel T. · 2 replies · 364 views