Post op VSG cold cough?

kyle_17512
on 11/20/13 8:40 pm - Chester, PA
One week PO Mexico. Caught cold . Plane home ear pressure in drums worst than surgery. Have cough ouch and yellow sputum runny nose. Started vitimins and still on antibiotics from surgeon. ADVICE WANTED
katym
on 11/22/13 11:03 pm - PA

Hi Kyle,

Hope you are feeling better now than when you first posted this on Thurs morning.

A couple thoughts:

1) Did you realize you posted on the VBG forum, not VSG? Not trying to be snarky, but there is much more activity on the VSG forum so you can get appropriate help and advice faster. (VBG is a different, older surgery which is rarely done these days.)

2) Do you have any post-op instructions re taking over the counter meds? Is your local doctor familiar with VSG and aware you were getting surgery? It would be great if you had a local medical resource. 

I certainly am not qualified to give medical advice, but when I had surgery almost 2 years ago right here in Philly, I was told to contact the surgeon's office before taking any over the counter meds in the first few weeks. I had a cough and a very sore throat. In my case I was told to look for liquid medications and avoid NSAIDS or decongestants. (Decongestants were an issue because like many obese people I had very high blood pressure. One of the best things about losing weight has been having my blood pressure normalize.) Liquid Tylenol and sugar-free cough drops were helpful.

all the best, Katy

consult weight 241 (had not been accurately weighed for over 10 years, my medical records just said "wheelchair") high weight was probably closer to 260. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4291 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8542 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8075 views