10 months Post-Op VBG

shubaby
on 7/22/03 12:24 pm - Lakeland, Fl
I had my surgery on 9/9/02 and to date have lost 135#. My doctor recommended VBG (he does more RNY's) for me because I was 69 years old...taking a blood thinner...coumadin...and had many, many co-morbs. I did just fine and have been doing well throughout the 10 + months. Yes I have episodes of vomiting....beef, pork, chicken, are really not my friends anymore. the only way eggs get it for me is pooched. I make lots of veggie soups...add some cheese for protein. Also eat fish. The funny thing is I can eat chili or tacos with ground beef and they agree with me just great......I also tend to get into trouble because I eat too fast and do not chew well enough. I just celebrated my 70th birthday by driving again after 3 years of being in a wheel chair. Joined Curves and go 3 times a week. Oh yes, in April I had total right knee replacement. I can now do all of my own house work, cooking, dishes, gardening, ALL OF MY PERSONAL NEEDS...and have been camping! I too have some trouble staying away from the simple carbs....but still do sugar free everything....Try very hard to get at least 64 oz. of water.....I use Kooaid with splenda....and it goes down pretty good. Salads (raw stuff) is still difficult for me to eat....but I try. All in all I am very happy to be 135 # down from 375. I do need to lose more weight and have hopes that I mind my p's and q's. I have the tool.....just gotta use it. This is sorta a fragmented letter...but I just put it down as I thought of it. If I can be any help to anyone...please let me know. Good sailing on your surgery and just take your time to recover.....don't lift and rest often. Oh yes, I eat lots of beans and love pea soup......cottage cheese, peanut butter......good stuff! Blessings to all! Bonnie
Tammy A.
on 8/6/03 4:44 am - Garland, TX
Congrats, Bonnie! You are doing great! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to be able to do the "everyday" things in life again without pain and problems! My surgery for VBG is for Monday, Aug. 11th.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4291 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8541 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8075 views