Date set: Excited about starting new life.

Patricia H.
on 8/20/03 6:33 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I have been looking into WLS for months. My family physician referred me to Dr. Hanan, but it was 8 to 10 months before I could get to see him. In the meantime I checked out two other programs. I was turned down by both because I was a bad risk. One said it was because I was on 24 hour a day Oxygen. About the time I was going to give up Dr. Hanan's office calls to make an appointment. Dr. Hanan seems like a great doctor. He has spent as much time with me as I asked for. His reasons for only doing VGB made a lot of sense and I think it will be best for me. Dr. Hanan agreed with me that losing weight will only help my medical problems. I hope so. I was in a car wreck in 1980. I hurt my right leg and foot very bad. I have trouble with swelling and pain daily. On top of that, my left knee that I had surgery on in 1979 has started hurting constantly. In the past year and a half I have had much trouble getting to work every day. I have pain caused by my diaphram which has been controlled lately by medication. I take a lot of medication for a lot of pains I have had. It took me years to find my family physician (Dr. Bruce Daniels) and he has been a blessing. My employer has been very understanding with me taking a lot of time off. They even still give me raises every year. They have let me work from home and have made accomodations for me to locate my work station closer to outside doors and restrooms. This helps with my mobility problems. Right now I am missing about one day a week. My goal is to make it everyday. It has been quite sometime since I met that goal. I have spent years in psychotherapy. I am finally feeling a lot less depressed and I need my body to help me start getting out and having some fun. I am not sure I ever have had much fun. HERE'S TO WLS AND BEGINNING A NEW LIFE!!
betterfitness
on 8/21/03 7:45 am - Guntown, MS
Patricia, May God Bless You on your journey. Wishing you all the blessings life has to offer..You Deserve It....... May your recovery be safe and swift.... Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4290 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8540 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8073 views