Protein drinks

Lisa E.
on 5/10/04 1:00 am - Green City, MO
Hi, I found out on April 30, that i am having VGB surgery on May 28. I am so excited. What I need to know is if it is okay to drink the protien drinks for the majority of the protien we need. The ones they have at Walmart are pretty good and I wasn't sure if it would be okay. Thanks
Karen M.
on 5/10/04 1:23 am - El Maton, TX
What my doctor has me on is either Sugar Free Carnation Instant Breakfast or Slim Fast--basically something with little calories but alot of vitamins and minerals. My sister had RNY and she drank a protein drink from GNC.
Dianne C.
on 5/10/04 1:12 pm - Fresno, Tx
Lisa, My doctor recommended that I drink the protein drinks because there is no way you will be able to eat enough to fulfill your protein requirements. Beleive me it is important. My doctor thinks that is why I have been having so much problem in hair loss. I think you have to have at lease 60 grams of protein daily. Try getting that with the limited food you will be able to eat. Dianne
Dianne C.
on 5/10/04 1:17 pm - Fresno, Tx
A P.S., Karen is right in being discriminating in pickin lower calories, etc. Be sure and read labels. Dianne
Anitra O.
on 5/12/04 5:04 am - Houston, TX
The best I have found are on wishcenter.org.. go to the wish store and look for them. They are the best nutritionally I have ever seen. They were specially designed for people having gastric bypass surgery. I drink one a day and have had not a bit of problem with my hair coming out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4275 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8524 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8058 views