Stomach twisting?

qtee14
on 2/19/10 1:29 am - Panorama City, CA
I had my surgery with kaiser and they actualy said it was better for me than the RNY because i was not diabetic. Kaiser has alot of surgeond Mine was Dr Khyat and Dr Casillas they were great and no stomach twisting here atleaset that I know of. Does anyone know how you know you have a stomach twist???
Mini.me
on 2/19/10 2:38 am
My doctor used a 36 boughie, but said that I had a very tight stomach due to my anatomy & being able to work close to the boughie guide.

He warned me that the tighter the stomach, the chances increase for a stomach stricture (twist).   However, he said that chance is very low & not to worry. 

Supposedly, if it does twist, I will feel discomfort and not be able to get foods down.

So far so good!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

sduarte37
on 2/19/10 7:03 am
I had my surgery on 2/1/10 through Kaiser, Dr. Khayat and Dr. Casillas...  So far no problems. :)
Sultryc
on 2/19/10 8:40 am
On February 19, 2010 at 6:22 AM Pacific Time, debpedersen wrote:
I went to my first support group yesterday and it mostly had people who have had or are going to  have Gastric Bypass and not sleeve.  The instructor, when I told her that I had had the sleeve said that Kaiser doesn't do Sleeve because sometimes the new stomach twists and that it was to new of a surgery. Has anyone known anyone or gone through twisting of the stomach?
My kaiser does the surgery!  I've neevr heard anything about stomach twisting! If it does twist, I'm sure that it the stomach would twist with the RNY as well because the stomach is still separated from its original stomach and turned into a tube/pouch like thing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views