Coffee

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/10 2:36 pm
Can Sleevers really have Coffee?  I am in the planning stages for WLS.  My PCP and NUT are really pushing RNY and they say with RNY there is no coffee.  My insurance recently started covering the sleeve.  I am thinking that I would be better off with the sleeve for a lot of reasons and if I can have coffee well that will just about seal the deal.
misseye
on 5/30/10 2:44 pm
Yeah, I drink coffee daily
Missy

Longhorn Girl
on 5/30/10 3:56 pm - Austin, TX
I've been drinking an occasional coffee with no problems.
~ Jennifer ~
I am 5'5" tall.  HW / SW / CW / GW  :   224 / 216 / 157 / 140

bubbacrabb
on 5/30/10 4:02 pm - Phoenix, AZ
you can have anything with the sleeve. Just not all right after surgery. A lot of NUTs like mine, say no caffeine for a year. I sneak in a cup every now and then, usually once a week or so. Dont let them make a decision for you, if you want a sleeve get a sleeve. I have a lot of friends that had RNY done and love it, im not knocking it. It works to.

vinnymac
on 5/30/10 4:56 pm - Mobile, AL
Not true Bubba I can't eat hamburger meat anymore but I can drink the hell out of COFFEE!!

Vinny Mac

Vinny Mac

bubbacrabb
on 5/31/10 2:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Why cant you eat hamburger? Does it make you sick Vinny? I can very lean hamburger and it dont bother me none. My NUT says no coffee for a year, but if i drink it black I dont see how its hurting anything.

vinnymac
on 5/31/10 11:57 am - Mobile, AL
Yep it makes me sick as soon as I eat it I can't eat rice nomore ether .

Vinny Mac

Vinny Mac

JustLora
on 5/30/10 4:03 pm - Omaha, NE
1 to 2 cups every day.  
Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

jimbovsg
on 5/30/10 6:49 pm
Why do Bubba, Vinny, and I always find a way to sneak in a comment on burgers? I'm still "jones"ing for that Double double bubba!!  Must be a "guy' thing?

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Amalia S.
on 5/30/10 6:50 pm - Athens, Greece
My surgeon let me have coffee from the first day I got home as long as it was filtered coffee.

Over 110 lbs lost!! (Finally!)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/almost/   
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views