Post Op 2 days and have hiccups

jodylk
on 8/21/10 8:10 am
Hi I am post op 2 days and get hiccups when ever I stand up anybody else like this. Also still in so much pain is this normal. I am taking so much medicine it seems i cant drink as much water because I am too full worried I am gonna get dehydrated
Paula622
on 8/21/10 9:40 am
Didn't have hiccups, but days 2 and 3 were the worst for me!  Every day will get better!  Just keep doing your best to get fluids in!  I found that regular Gatorade went down the easiest for me.  Good luck!  Hang in there!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

happyjumpy
on 8/21/10 10:53 am - santa barbara, CA
i had severe pain for 3 days and some pain for 2 weeks. the hiccups right after surgery sure were painful. hiccups are common and normal and i still get them, although now they don't hurt. a lot of people say the hiccups tell them they are full. mine seem more random. i call them my 'surgical complication'. i got one at a time and randomly. it makes my coworkers giggle.
hold on, each day will get easier. : )
Kathie
VSG 5/17/10 HW 298 GW 145 CW 143
Kathie 

‎"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anais Nin  
nwgal
on 8/22/10 5:52 am - Portland, OR
The first few days are tough, but each day you'll feel better! You may still have gas pain - use gas-x strips that dissolve on your tongue, that helped me a lot, and make sure to take it really easy on yourself!! Walk a lot, but don't bend or lift anything.

And I still get the hiccups all the time - especially after I eat, it's funny.

Wish you the very best, you're going to love your sleeve!!

VSG in 2010. Working on getting the DS with Dr. Esquerra.

Most Active