Share Your Pureed/Mushies Recipes Here !!

Kimmysil
on 10/21/10 7:20 am
I'd like some help too.  Day 2 on soft puree foods and all I've had was yogurt, and an egg...Woman cannot survive on that alone.  And I'm afraid to eat too so that's not good.

Thanks,
Kim
Johanna V.
on 10/21/10 7:38 am - New York, NY

Some websites i found hope it helps!

http://www.netwellness.org/healthtopics/diet/pureedentreesal ads.cfm#q

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhwdFWQ0ISM ~>Lapgyrl (now had vsg) has alot of great recipes on her youtube channel!

and

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html <~Includes Baked Ricotta recipe!

Follow my Journey on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/TheScaleliedJ

SurgeryW. 299.5    

mtrai
on 10/21/10 7:50 am
I made a pretty good crab soup, blended it up and it is pretty thick. I liked the taste.
I also made a really good northern-African style peanut soup with butternut squash from a recipe that a friend gave me.
I also made a lot of "protein pudding" where I added extra scoops of protein powder and soy milk to sugar free or low fat pudding mixes. Jello, etc.
I am on mushies right now, so today I ate refried beans with lowfat cheese and salsa, hummus for snack, and some veggie/ bean soup that I made which is kind of mushy/stew-like consistency. I can only eat about 2-3 spoons or can not really finish a 1/4 cup serving of anything. But at least its some variety.

Here are two soup recipes that you can puree. They are thick, flavourful, and filling.

Crab Soup

1 can crab meat
2 cups soy milk (or regular milk)
1 tsp olive oil
1 potato, cubed
1 onion, cubed
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
salt and pepper to taste

I sauteed the onion in olive oil until almost browned. Then I added the corn starch to coat the onions. Then I added the soy milk in half cup increments, stirring continuously to thicken the soup. Then I added the potato and spices and simmered until the potato was soft. Near the end I added the crab and extra salt and pepper. Then I blended it all up, and just reheated it in 1/4 cup servings.
I counted about 6-8 grams protein.

Peanut - Butternut Squash Soup

1 butternut squash or similar type
1 can Campbells  chicken broth
1 can water
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
3/4 cup reduced fat smooth peanut butter or peanut flour
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp powdered ginger or grated fresh
1 tsp yellow curry powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
1/2 can diced tomatoes, no liquid

I cut the squash and roasted it until soft in four big chunks with the skin on. I removed the squash from the skins once it was cooked, and cubed it. Then I sauteed the onion and garlic in a soup pan until browned slightly. I added the cubed squash, tomatoes, and all spices with the chicken broth and water, and simmered for a while. Then I added the peanut putter and stirred it around until kind of melted in. Then I blended the soup until thick. Again, you can add protein powder if you like.

Jennifer S.
on 10/13/11 10:51 am
brighterDayz
on 2/5/11 6:03 pm
Bookmarking this thread! Thanks to all who contributed
Most Active