Best Ways to prevent the loose skin?

sedonagirl67
on 10/27/10 6:18 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Now that I am just weeks away from my surgery, I am getting serious about solving the practical issues and trying to be as prepared as possible. 

1.  Is there any lotions or creams you think helped you with maintaining your skin?
2.  Any supplements that you thought helped?
3.  Did anyone do the cosmetic surgery "squeezy" tights or Spanx type things to hold things in and do you think it helped shrink you skin?

Humor me...I have all kinds of thoughts going thru my head right now...

Laurie
Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

Stacy160
on 10/27/10 8:57 pm
Nope... I worked for a plastic surgeon for a few years and I can tell you, there's not much you can do from the outside that will affect what the skin does.  It really depends on how stretched it is to start with, your age, race, and skin type.  People with darker, thicker, oilier skin tend to have better elasticity than people with fair, dry, thin skin (like me, unfortunately).

I did read a couple of studies several years ago that linked copper to good skin elasticity, but I wouldn't even know where to find those now!  Basically all you can do is hope for the best and remember how much better you're going to look and feel no matter how much skin is left afterwards. 

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
cndtms1
on 10/27/10 10:33 pm
I suggest you focus on getting rid of the impurities under your skin by drinking as much water as you can. In addition to that, I try to get a weekly massage to help work out the bumps. I couldn't hurt - right?

Lee1898
on 10/27/10 10:42 pm - Weston, FL
You can buy copper peptide additives (I add it to my regular body lotion) online - even on Amazon.com. I also have been dry brushing before showering and moisturizing after every shower. I feel like my skin is tightening up nicely as I lose weight. However, it's so subjective... who knows if the dry brushing and moisturizing is really the reason?? My skin does feel awesome though !

No Pre-op diet .. 5'5" Start weight:  230.5 lbs                

Most Active