Bariatric Surgery Restaurant Cards

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/17/10 4:09 pm - Mexico
On December 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM Pacific Time, meleauxdy wrote:
Thanks for sharing the link!  I have not decided if I will use the card or not.  I am 2 months post op and have eaten out many times.  Depending on the restaurant, I will order from the kid's menu (Boston Market, Mall Chinese Restaurants, PeiWei)...otherwise, my husband and I share something.  When I do have to order something just for myself, I eat what I can and take the rest home.  

I don't see anything wrong with the cards.  If I presented a card at a restaurant and they didn't want to honor it, then I probably wouldn't go back to the restaurant.  They can choose to have my money or they can choose not to...it is as simple as that.  

Good company or not, I just can't validate going to a buffet.  My favorite restaurant is a delicious Brazilian steak house but I just can't see going there and paying $50++ per person to eat a fourth of a cup of meat.  Oh well...that's life.

When I go out to eat, I have no problem with taking food home or just sharing with someone.  My coworkers don't know that I've had WLS so I just order something small - soup and salad, small entree...and eat what I can.  I worked with some skinny *****es that picked at their food and hardly ate and no one questioned them.  (I'm not calling them "*****es" because they are skinny...I'm saying "*****es" because that's what they were).  Anyway, if someone questions me I just say that I am "cutting back" or whatever. 

Most children's menus are absolutely vile.  I don't understand how people can let their kids eat corndogs, hotdogs, chicken nuggets and mac n cheese as an actual entree on a regular basis.  When you try to order off the kids menu, you will see just how bad it is.

The other poster, *****plied to you with the "soapbox rant" was a bit much.  If you hate the card then don't use it...it is as simple as that.

~~The other poster, *****plied to you with the "soapbox rant" was a bit much.  If you hate the card then don't use it...it is as simple as that.~~

I take it 'nose marks' got yer goat, eh?

No problem, I am quite sure that when you ate enough for three at a buffet, you insisted on paying for three and if they declined, you declined to return.

Fair enough.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Nita G.
on 12/18/10 12:07 am
 LOL!

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

meleauxdy
on 12/18/10 12:54 am, edited 12/18/10 12:55 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
You're such a troll.

Just because you strapped on the feedbag everytime you pulled your fat ass up to a buffet doesn't mean that every overweight person has or does. 

Sometimes people are fat because of the quality of the food of they food they are consuming, moreso than the quantity.  No doubt there are definitely obese folks who look at a buffet as an opportunity to gorge, but not all fat people "eat enough for three" simply because they're eating at a buffet.

I love your sweeping generalizations.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over it became a butterfly - Proverb
HW - 310 / SW - 295.7 / GW -150

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/18/10 1:02 am - Mexico
On December 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM Pacific Time, meleauxdy wrote:
You're such a troll.

Just because you strapped on the feedbag everytime you pulled your fat ass up to a buffet doesn't mean that every overweight person has or does. 

Sometimes people are fat because of the quality of the food of they food they are consuming, moreso than the quantity.  No doubt there are definitely obese folks who look at a buffet as an opportunity to gorge, but not all fat people "eat enough for three" simply because they're eating at a buffet.

I love your sweeping generalizations.

Honey, most don't get to 310# by eating  40# of broccoli daily.  Let's not be in denial.

Is everyone who disagrees with you a troll?  It would appear so.

Lionetta
on 12/18/10 5:59 am - AZ
I'm like you, I stick to small items like soups and stay away from the kids menu. I ordered a kid's turkey burger at one place because it was grilled, and I just didn't eat the bun or the fries. Making good choices for the bits I can eat out of a meal, and taking a doggy bag home are par for the course these days. I'm not out to stiff anyone. I just don't like wasting food. So sometimes I order spaghetti and meatballs and say "please hold the pasta."

I have no problems, and I always always always make sure to tip the wait person what they would have gotten if I'd ordered a full-sized meal. I'm with others who order full meals and drinks, and usually appetizers, so we're good business.

Hugs!

HW: 335 SW: 279 GOAL: 150 ~ or less. 

infodiva808
on 12/17/10 3:28 pm
This response is actually for everyone who posted. If you ask, some restaurants are willing to sell a half order of their regular dishes. You can make a healthy choice that way. Or just order an appetizer. Or order a regular portion and ask right away for a to-go container. I have the card I never used it I just ask for a smaller portion or share a dish with a friend.

diane S.
on 12/17/10 3:52 pm
My surgeon gives us such a card but in over a year i think i have only pulled it out once and really didn't need to. Mainly, I order an appetizer as a meal or if i do order a full  meal i just take it home. if i am ordering small like an appetizer or bowl of soup, i tip the waiter more than usual as its not their fault i can only order an inexpensive item. Gotta admit i haven't been to any buffet places as it seems like a waste of money. But I am sure the day will come where thats where the group wants to go. Some Chinese buffet places allow take out based upon weight and perhaps that would be permitted. But now I am thinking about a Las Vegas type buffet and how hard that would be . guess I will keep that card handy.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

jimbovsg
on 12/17/10 3:59 pm
On December 17, 2010 at 10:04 PM Pacific Time, Leanne R. wrote:
I heard about these cards and it would be nice to print some out and carry them to use if needed!

Thought I'd share the link!

http://www.gastric-bypass-guru.com/restaurant-card-bariatric -surgery.html
Can of worms....can opener......click...twist ...twist... twist........worms crawl out!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/17/10 4:10 pm - Mexico
On December 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time, jimbovsg wrote:
On December 17, 2010 at 10:04 PM Pacific Time, Leanne R. wrote:
I heard about these cards and it would be nice to print some out and carry them to use if needed!

Thought I'd share the link!

http://www.gastric-bypass-guru.com/restaurant-card-bariatric -surgery.html
Can of worms....can opener......click...twist ...twist... twist........worms crawl out!

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frisco
on 12/17/10 4:23 pm

I find when I'm dining out...... I tend to tip a little more (pending service)

It's not the wait persons fault I only order an appetizer and nothing to drink......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views