Bariatric Surgery Restaurant Cards

pcannedy
on 12/18/10 6:29 am - Sacramento, CA
Thank you for sharing the web site with us.

Pat

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/10 7:22 am - Woodbridge, VA
I eat out 5-7 days a week and have done so even since I was early out from surgery. It's just my current lifestyle.

I got one of these types of cards in the mail from my surgeon's office shortly after my surgery. I chuckled and threw it away.

If I'm not particularly hungry, I order just soup or chili or an entree salad and just eat the toppings dipped in dressing. If I feel like I can eat more, I'll order a plate of wings or a full entree and just take home whatever I can't finish to eat for lunch the next day.

I've ordered off the kids' menu before, but here's the thing: they'll usually let you do so if you just ask nice, no special card required  :)

Readyforafreshstart
on 12/18/10 9:52 am
My Dr. gave me one of those cards, I think it is lost on my desk somewhere or I threw it away. I would NEVER ever think of pulling that out and asking them to make a special concession for me because "I" let myself become a fat butt.  Not to mention I also think it would be degrading, I dont want to advertise that I have had this surgery, like it or not there IS a stigma that surrounds people who have made this choice for theirsleves. Thats just me though, everyone needs to make their own decisions...ya know 
~SHERILL

G
A
INING LIFE one day at a time!!!!!
Michelle Smith
on 12/18/10 10:21 am
I gotta say, I eat at crack house alot ( cracker barrell) I order the kids menu grilled chicken tenderloin,. it comes with a drink (which I order unsweet tea, & dont drink it) 1 side-I usually order whatever the person eating with me wants, & I eat the 3 chicken tenderloins. they are very very good,& not bad nutrition #'s at all..... Just sayin.... If you have a cracker barrell, you should try it! My bills is $4.19 for a great meal...

~~I am 5'8~~

Most Active