5 month stall and BodyMedia

Mspleeth
on 3/15/11 6:34 am

Hi there all, so I'm in what I think is the cursed 5/6 month stall.  GRRRRR.  It is driving me NUTSO.

I'm making sure I get my fluids, I'm getting moving and eating my protein.  I know I don't need to complain: I'm down 5 sizes and am feeling great but I'm SO FRUSTRATED.  Any encouragement from those who have been there, I'd appreciate it!

I've been been wearing a BodyMedia tracker and adding all my foods to the website.  It tracks my steps, level of activity, how much I sleep, how many calories I actually burn etc.  It is helping me know exactly what my body is doing and I'm hoping by using it, it will boot me right out of this stall.  http://www.bodymedia.com

ARRGHHH!

Focusing on my successes, moving forward, eating my protein (70-80 grams) no sugar, low carb (25% or less), taking fiber tablets and drinking, drinking, drinking Crystal Light.

Thanks for letting me vent!

KrisJ77
on 3/15/11 6:46 am - TX
I don't have much to say other than CONGRATULATIONS on being 79 pounds down!!  I sooooo wish I could say that!!!  Hang in there!! I guess what they say is true - we didn't put it on overnight so it won't come off overnight - but that being said - THESE STALLS SUCK!!!  Lol!!  - Kris

Judith K.
on 3/15/11 7:07 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
79# in 5 months is over 3.5# per week average!  That is fantastic!!!

Keep doing what you're doing and the stall will pass.

One small point to consider -- some think that using artificial sweeteners tricks your body into thinking you're ingesting sugar.  Don't know if I buy that but stick to plain water or Stevia sweetened green tea for a few days and see if that makes a difference.

Great progess.  The BodyMedia sounds interesting.  I'm going to check it out.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

Dancin Girl
on 3/15/11 7:37 am
Hang in there! It will eventually break. My longest stall lastest 6 weeks and drove me nuts but it did pass. Let us know how the body tracker works out.......sounds great!
sublimate
on 3/15/11 7:41 am - San Jose, CA
What are you eating/drinking on a daily basis? I might have some tweaks for you.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Carmelita
on 3/15/11 7:56 am - Four Corners, NM
ChaseT1
on 3/15/11 8:42 am - Wichita, KS
I'm right there with you!  I've been stalled for a few weeks now.. Finally moved 2lbs and they're back today!  Frustrating.. But definitely not permanent!  :)  Keep up the good work!

HW: 367  SW: 341
byebyeburden
on 3/16/11 1:12 am
I totally understand, i have been in what feels like a 1.5 month stall.  I think I have lost 4 lbs in 2 months.....What the heck?!  It is super frustrating because I don't want to believe that 198 is it for me.....

If I look at when this stall occured, it might of started when I started up coffee and crystal light.....so maybe I should try to cut them out?  I also started to eat more carbs....so cut them out.  I also started walking.....where to start?

You are not alone, I feel your pain, it is frustrating and messes with my mind.

good luck
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Mspleeth
on 3/16/11 5:18 am
Thank you all for your suggestions!  Here what I am eating and this is routine, my calories usually are under 1000 (700-800):

Breakfast
-Dry fried egg (no butter/non stick pan)
-3 oz ham
- one slice Ezekiel 4:9 toast (sometimes)

Snack/Lunch
-Premiere Protein Shake

Afternoon
3-4 oz of 'chunky' protein (low sodium deli ham, turkey or roasted chicken breast)

Dinner
3 oz lean protein (fish/shrimp/steak/pork/chicken/turkey)
1/4 cup Green veggie (green beans, asparagus or snap peas)
or Salad w/protein on it w/little to no dressing

Drinking: Crystal Light or Sugar Free (splenda) Arizona Green Tea

Evening Snack
Premiere Protein

I notice a couple things since I've been logging: I've been sleeping a lot lately.  Allergies are up and are kicking my fanny right now.  Breathing is difficult, eyes are running and by the end of the day I'm just beat.  I've also not moved enough.  I've been doing Yoga and H2O aerobics, but not faithful enough I think.  I'm going to switch out the Splenda and go with water only.  UGH, I've been struggling with water only!  I wonder if eating less than 1000 calories are a bad thing?  I'm spacing the calories out as that has really helped my blood sugar spikes but maybe I'm not taking in enough calories?  My system does not tolerate much dairy.  I can do the whey protein with not much issue but yogurt, cheese and milk tear my system up.  I do take vitamin/supplements as well as FiberCon.

Thanks all for your thoughts/encouragement!

Most Active