Can your nose get smaller as you lose weight?

cabcab
on 3/16/11 9:20 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I swear my nose is getting smaller.  My sunglasses always seem to be slipping down where as they didn't before.

Is this my imagination??
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

cattywompos
on 3/16/11 9:28 am
I think my nose looks larger!  It is more than likely the fact that you have lost weight on your cheeks and sides of your face which losens up the grip your face had on your glasses. Just my theory. A nose is made of cartilage (I totally slaughtered that spelling), and that doesn't go away that I know of.  However, you could have had fat stored around your nose, making your nose smaller. I guess :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Dancin Girl
on 3/16/11 9:40 am
My Doctor says he thinks I lost a pound in my face...LOL. don't know about the nose but my face shape has definitely gone from round to oval!

Consult Weight 262                    SW 250.5                               Current Weight 160

AniO
on 3/16/11 1:05 pm
I was thinking that my nose looks smaller, but thought it was my imagination. I recently asked my hubby if he thought my nose was smaller and he agreed. I think it's possible. I mean, my nose was HUGE during my pregnancies and for a couple of weeks after. So I think if it can get bigger, it can definitely get smaller.

AniO

sianabob
on 3/16/11 1:30 pm
I was told that your nose can swell like your fee****er weight on the nose?? dunno.. all I know is when I loose weight my nose looks different than when I am heavier

USAF Wife
on 3/16/11 9:27 pm
My nose is noticeably thinner, but so is my entire face.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Mandyplus2 ..
on 3/16/11 9:55 pm - GA
Yes your nose will get thinner and your head smaller. I had to have my glasses adjusted 3 times while I was losing weight.
 5'8" - 40 years old

bravomary42
on 6/15/14 1:18 pm - jaipur, AB

The nose is the most important part of our face. According to it become impossible to make your nose looking smaller. you have to try nose right tool i am also using that same tool really it's make my nose smaller.

Tenacious88
on 6/15/14 3:14 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: Good news for me, as a man I have a big nose, but now it looks smaller after VSG, I'm happy, oh and my face is also thinner. Very happy with my VSG, it's working great.

SW: 255   CW  189       66 pound to reach goal of 150 pounds.

The Best to all.

88 Lou

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

goddessgrrl
on 6/15/14 4:26 pm - VA

I absolutely lost weight in my nose! Not your imagination.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active