NSV: Happy and content

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 3/22/11 10:53 pm
 You know, the other day I realized that for the first time in my life, I am happy and content.  I am not anxious and worried all the time.  I am dealing with life so much better.  I have never felt better in my life - I  was feeling better while I was in the hospital and I am not joking when I say every day gets better.  I know I look better - I am comfortably in a size 16 and can wear some 14's (although skin tight still!).  I seem so much more - I dunno - even.  My doctor thinks it's because of the ghrelin reduction since ghrelin is an anxiogenic hormone.  I'm feeling great physically and haven't found anything I can't do.  It still amazes my kids when I get down on the floor, climb under the sink, and look for something, or that I bend over and pick things up without thinking.  I can't believe how much I was having to depend on everyone around me for little things.  My house stays so much more put together - I actually enjoy mopping my hardwoods because I like to see them shine LOL.  My husband looked at me the other day when i was decluttering a closet - and actually FINISHED it - and said "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?".  Ummm don't know if I can say this here but sex is SO much better .  Everything is better!  And I'm not at goal yet and probably won't be until I'm around 15 months out.  I'm thinking now I am not going to stop at my first goal of 185 - and I'm going to shoot for 150 or 155.  I don't know exactly.  I just know I'll know when I get there.  

If you're on the fence about having the surgery, know that for me, it has changed my life.  It's saved my marriage.  I'm a better mom.  I do much better work at the office.  And for once, I am starting to like me.

PS I am now officially smaller than my hubby - I weigh less for the first time.  I tried on a pair of his jeans last night on a whim and they were TOO BIG!  WOOHOO!  His shirts are too big too! I'm loving this!  Now I need to get him to take me out dancing!  

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

borntobethin35
on 3/22/11 11:03 pm - VA
That's wonderful to hear because I'm feeling "buyers remorse" over the last few days, not because of this 1 week stall I've been having but mainly because I've been having a little issues with constipation. I'm just ready for this part to be over with so I can move on to loving life again instead of feeling miserable from constipation....

I've only lost 20 pds in 5 weeks and I'm excited about what the next few weeks will hold. Most of all I can understand how the weightloss makes you feel like a better wife, mom, and person overall. Good for you! Congrats on your weight loss!
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 3/22/11 11:13 pm
 What's this "only lost" stuff?  You're still early out.  I didn't lose much the first month - I went in for my 2 weeks appointment and burst into tears - I was so upset because my weight loss wasn't showing and I knew my clothes were bigger and I was feeling better.  The nurse told me to snap out of it, that the weight loss wasn't going to be a straight line down.  It would be more stair steppish with an occasional step up.  She told me to watch my clothes and how I felt, and pay attention to things like my blood pressure and blood sugar.  

She also told me that everyone loses at a different pace and not to sabotage myself with negative thinking.

BTW for constipation, have you tried Miralax?

Things will get better - but you'll have some down days.  But you know what, I had down days before the surgery and the farther out I go the better it gets.

I was getting into a serious danger zone when I had my sleeve done - I was hypertensive, diabetic, had severe sleep apnea (CPAP at 18), and couldn't walk more than a few steps without getting short of breath.  I felt miserable all the time, and I was extremely self-consious.  I believe this surgery saved my life - it certainly gave me a quality of life I've never known.

Hang in there - it will get better. Soon you'll be posting about how wonderful things are too.  Don't believe me?  Go back and look at posts from last May, June, and July and see the people who at the time were feeling much as you describe now.  And then look at how they are feeling today.

This isn't a quick fix -  it's a process - and as long as we follow the plan it will work.  But it's going to take time - not a lot of time, but a little time.

Think about it - I had my surgery 9 months ago.  In less time than it takes to have a baby, I feel like I have been born myself - a little bit at a time.

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 3/22/11 11:16 pm
 Ah and don't forget - this time when you lose the pounds, those pounds are not going to be chasing you, nipping at your heels ready to jump back on at the first opportunity.  They are gone for good.  20 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty darned good when you think of it that way!  And BTW I stalled big time in late November/early December.  But inches kept falling off.  I finally figured out that when the pounds stop dropping for a bit, the inches are leaving my body.  So it all works out - and it makes it easier to deal with the stalls too!

borntobethin35
on 3/22/11 11:27 pm - VA
Thank you for the encouraging words. I really need to hear this today. I'm usually the one giving positive words of encouragement but today I think I needed it for myself! I'm having a bad day and I know my days will get better over time. Thank you again!
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

faylavi
on 3/23/11 12:57 am - Laurel, MD
Hang in there.  I have been disappointed with my stall too. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Nita G.
on 3/23/11 12:59 am
 Born to be thin, you're doing great! 20 pounds in 5 weeks is not slow weight loss. As for the constipation, try stool softeners, miralax, milk of magnesia, prunes, ANYTHING so it doesn't get so bad you have to don the gloves and dig it out! That is SO uncomfortable! That happened to me once or twice, so now I take two stool softeners morning and night, and laxatives when things get tough. Gotta keep that in check!
Good luck!
Nita

48 pounds lost prior to surgery

BuckeyeGirl
on 3/22/11 11:10 pm - TN
Wow, you have come so far! So good to hear about all the positive changes you've noticed in your life.

Thanks for sharing,
Lindsey

faylavi
on 3/23/11 12:58 am - Laurel, MD
Dancing and a pretty dress.  Congratulations!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views