AnnInVA - Chipotle

MizzBombChelle
on 4/8/11 2:50 am - Silver Spring, MD
Hi Ann -- I saw your reply in another post about Chipotle.

Let me tell you girlfriend - pre-op, I ate Chipotle at least twice a week.  And it wasn't the weak ass bowl, I filled up a burritto until it weighed at least 2 pounds (extra steak, rice and cheese)!

The day I came home from surgery, I cried because my mind wanted that burritto sooooo bad although physically, I couldn't even sip the water I had in front of me.  My bf at the time (he's kicked to the curb now) told me to just wait, you'll be able to enjoy Chipotle again but it won't be that big ass burritto.

At 6 weeks post-op, I went to Chipotle and stood in that long ass line.  I was soooo excited.  I wanted to do a happy dance ("I'm at Chipotle! I'm at Chipotle!").  I ordered a steak bowl with 1/3 of the rice, no extra steak, black beans, cheese, 1/2 sour cream, 1/3 lettuce.  As she put the top on, I wanted to dance again!

Got home, ate 3 forksful and I was stuffed!!!  My mind was like, "WTF???"  I was definitely satisfied though.  I ate that bowl for 3 days.

In short, you can have Chipotle again.  Just don't be shocked that you'll be finished before you know it!

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

KrisJ77
on 4/8/11 2:55 am - TX
That was first place I went out to eat - I am SOOOOO addicted to their bowls!  I try to make them at home but they don't come close to the real thing!!  Sadly, I can only eat about 5 bites but I really don't care!  Yummy!!!  Now I want one!!  Lol!!

Jennchap
on 4/8/11 2:55 am - CA
Im a huge ass Chipotle fan too! That and Pinkberry were my undoing…  I always got a burrito bowl with double barbacoa… and extra cheese and sour cream… and ate it all most of the time. When I went after surgery I got a bowl had 3 or 4 bites and was done. I too felt satisfied… and fed the rest to the garbage disposal that is my husband!
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Chgonet
on 4/8/11 3:18 am
I love Chipotle and Qdoba! They are almost the same except that Qdoba has a few more chioices.  Q also has the Craft 2, you pick two from the list and its a smaller version.  I get Tortilla soup and the Naked bowl. (just like Chipotle w/o the Tortilla) Perfect to split or have one for lunch and one for dinner!
Enjoy ladies & have a great weekend!

HW 295  SW 269  CW 214                  
MizzBombChelle
on 4/8/11 4:28 am - Silver Spring, MD

My sister just told me about Qdoba last weekend.  She said she thought it was a tad bit better than Chipotle.  I don't know how you could get better but what you said about the choices got me thinking...  I'll try it out in a couple of weeks.

faylavi
on 4/8/11 3:54 am - Laurel, MD
I love Chipotle too.  Have not been since surgery though.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

anninva
on 4/8/11 4:25 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
YAY!!! Chipotle fans unite!!!  so glad other people know what i'm talking about.  i like the idea of living off a bowl for 3-4 days.  i'm a big guac, black beans, rice, and chicken fan.  this whole thread makes me wanna jump in my car, head up rte 50 and get some.  but instead i'll eat my lunch.

good to hear i can still go!!!!!  y'all have a great weekend!!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

MizzBombChelle
on 4/8/11 4:31 am - Silver Spring, MD
GO CHIPOTLE!!! GO CHIPOTLE!!! 

We didn't get this surgery to deprive ourselves of certain foods for life.  I wouldn't have done it if that was the case.  Once we get the hang of this new lifestyle, we'll be able to enjoy food again and learn moderation.  Once I get to goal, I'm going to Chipotle in my bikini!!!

Inikah J.
on 4/8/11 6:40 am - Houston, TX
5 days post op and I am so glad I am reading this post.  Chipotle was taking my money every week.  I even made my own dip for those wonderful chips they have (container of the honey vinaigrette and the sour cream) uuuummmmmiiiiieeee. I know I can't have chips anymore but as long as I can tear into a chicken bowl and save money I'm down.
Sooz.L.
on 4/8/11 4:33 am - United Kingdom
 I don't know what chipotle is.  Very confused every body here says how nice it is and I have never heard of it

Most Active