ha ha ha "portion controller" ha ha ha!!

thisbe777
on 5/5/11 6:41 am, edited 5/5/11 6:41 am
just saw a commercial for the "portion controller" --- it's a belt you cinch around your middle that has a plastic part that pushes in on your stomach to keep you from eating too much.... 

Photobucket

the doofus pretending to be a doctor (does a white coat and a stethescope around your neck mean you graduated from med school?) talks about the "invasive" surgical procedures used to lose weight -- "gastric bypass, lathroscopic, liposuction"...  yes, the ad says "lathroscopic"....

too freakin' funny..... 

i need to start thinking up stupid **** like this to sell -- i wanna be rich too.....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

P_B
on 5/5/11 6:44 am - Norfolk, VA
Hahahahahahahahaha wow

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 6:45 am
 Hmm...what are the holes for??  To squeeze the fat through??  (If that lady had any that is lol)
Carmelita
on 5/5/11 6:47 am - Four Corners, NM
  these guys are gonna make a fortune with desperate money.

I was watchin the news this morning...A " TONGUE PATCH"  sewn on your tongue..that inhibits you from eating SOLID food.  Only liquids....Talk about yer flashbacks...I remember peeps wiring their jaws shut back in the 70s....didn't stop peeps from drinking milkshakes 24/7 cuz that's the only thing they could get down pretty much....what a DISASTER

56sunShine14
on 3/16/14 4:46 am

OMG...why would anyone do this?  I have the band and hoipe to get the sleeve but I would never consider sewing a patch on my tongue!  Ewwwww

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 6:57 am - Germantown, MD
 Between this and the gel crap you swallow that expands in your stomach to keep you from eating too much... There's a lot of people preying on other people's insecurities. 
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 7:24 am, edited 5/5/11 7:24 am

And, they call us crazy for having our sleeves!!!!!  How silly!!!  But, someone will buy it.

(I always wonder how the body deals with that "filler" stuff in order to eliminate it, if you know what I mean...  YUCK!)

There is a great invention for people with chronic pain called a Tens Unit.  The patient attached several small electrodes to the site of the pain (lower back, shoulder, etc...).  The patient then turns the unit on to a low number and it provides very effective pain relief by gently contracting and releasing the muscles of the afflicted area.
Wellllllllll... someone decided to market the Tens Unit to people who want to "sllim down", as a way to get all the benefits of exercise without the work.  On the commercials, they would show people using the thing with it turned "as high as possible to get the full effect". 
Let me tell you, if you know anyone who has a Tens Unit, try attaching those electrodes and turning it just to medium... it will shock the booga-ju-ju outta you!!!!
I have always wondered just how sad one of the poor suckers felt who bought that thing thinking it would replace exercising only to find out it would have been just as benefitial to stick a fork in an electrical outlet.

Gracieteddy
on 5/5/11 8:25 am - IA
So funny I heard the was a study that had people losing weight because they " thought " they had gastic bypass  surgery!

NoEscape21
on 5/5/11 8:29 am - Apopka, FL
there is another thing that you sprinkle on your food and it is supposed to make you eat less. my work at home job I have to sell this. (i feel so dirty lol)

one girl actually said.
"so if i sprinkle this on everything i will lose weight?"
me: "well it is supposed to make you eat less by making you full faster"
"so i can sprinkle this on candy bars and lose weight?"
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 9:51 am
LOL!  NoeEscape!  You need to send that in to "The Customer Is NOT ALways Right"... that is priceless!
Most Active