Never thought I'd post this

carabarnes
on 6/6/11 8:54 am
I weighed 111 today. I can't stop loosing weight. I was nervous at 115 but I just keep dwindling down. I now drink tea with real sugar, eat fried chicken, gravy, the whole nine yards. I still keep loosing... help?

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

novascotiadawn
on 6/6/11 9:09 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Try adding some healthy carbs...

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

kaapuni
on 6/6/11 9:10 am - San Francisco, CA
i WISH i had ths problem!

i suggest talking to your NUT. she might have some good suggesstions. maybe try eating more meals during the day.

bekahler
on 6/6/11 9:10 am - Parkville, MD
 i would consider posting this on the Maintenance board...especially so you dont get too many PM death threats! LOL

But anyhow the VETS may have some advice...

Only thing I know I have seen Brandilynn mention is adding extra fats and oils to food to up the calories without adding much volume to what you are eating as we do have limited capacity.

Good luck!!
"There are no Strangers Here, Only Unmet Friends" ~Helen Keller        

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 9:28 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

What LizBet says! 

I have carb issues, so healthy or not, that is not an okay option for me, and picking up habits that are hard to put down, also not okay for me.

Fats and subbing fattier meats is what I do to manipulate calories up. 

Good luck!

Dandy_DeeDee
on 6/6/11 9:34 am
You mention a few things that you are eating, but you don't mention quantity, how often in a day, what your physical activity levels are....etc...

I can totally understand why you are worried though, 111 lbs at 5'5" is getting pretty thin.  This is the same reason I was concerned a few days ago with a woman who was scheduled to have the VSG the next day and she only had 63 lbs to lose.  You had more than that and you're struggling to slow down the weight loss.  Unfortunately, I can only think of upping your carbs at this point with the information you've given and making sure you're not overdoing it physically.  Maybe even drinking some higher calorie beverages than just sugar in your tea?  It sounds like you definitely need to increase your daily calories.

Highest Registered Weight 369 lbs (but I weighed more, just didn't have a scale! *Giggles*)
Surgery 12/23/10 - 313 lbs Then had a 6 lb gain from having surgery! So I went up to 319
Current Registered Weight 208 lbs   “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” ~ Kahlil Gibran          

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 9:37 am
 Log your food intake and your exercise on myfitnesspal.com.  There's a place to figure out the average basal metabolism for someone of your height and weight, you gotta eat that much GOOD FOOD to break even.  

I thought I was eating a lot more than I was before I started journaling.  My FP username is rcwickersham if you wanna add me.

At the end of the day this is a game of ins and outs lol.
SassyItalian
on 6/6/11 9:39 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Try some healthy fats, a few TBSP of peanut butter, olive oil, hope that helps

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

diane S.
on 6/6/11 10:06 am
talk to your doctor and dietician. This sort of happened to me as I kept losing after goal without trying. Eventually I stablized at a lower weight which my doctor says is fine = bmi 21.

Rather than have sugar and fried chicken, which could cause you trouble later, my dietician suggested adding nuts and cheeses and avocado and more healthy fats whick are calorie  dense.. I eat a big blob of peanut butter every night. I was really determined not to eat the stuff that got me to needing wls.

Hope this helps. But call that dietician.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MikeyMike
on 6/6/11 11:08 am - New York, NY
I went to my nut with the same concern. She said to increase my calories and decrease my cardio at the gym as I was doing alot of cardio.

She said to increase my calories the right way and not fill up on junk.

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views