home and sleved in so much pain!!!!

Arlen Soman
on 6/9/11 2:01 pm - sugar land, TX
 is this normal??? i did not  not suffer from any pain from my band!!!! this is just totally diff :(((( I'm in so much pain right now!!! and m thronging up saliva like with the band when it was to tight :((( but not as bad is tis norman?  
firecap61
on 6/9/11 2:07 pm - TX
The first day or two (or three) are the worst. Drink your fluids and walk, walk, walk and you will feel better really soon. I am one month post op and life is wonderful!! No pain, no hunger and weight is steadily coming off...Stay positive!!!

HW: 322     SW: 307    CW: 286   GW: 180

rdd9348
on 6/9/11 2:09 pm - OR
Doesn't seem normal.  I had no pain whatsoever at any point after the surgery.   You should probably call your surgeon and have him check you out.  Good Luck!  Hope it gets better!
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
jennifersmithee
on 6/9/11 2:09 pm - Farmers Branch, TX
I would have to say so. I think some people have less pain and some people have more. I had lots - still do. I never threw up until today, but did have lots of dry heaving in the hospital. I had my surgery on 6/1.
I feel your pain - literally!

Shari H.
on 6/9/11 2:17 pm - MI
 I think pain levels post-operatively vary from individual to individual, but I think it would be wise to contact your surgeon and discuss it with him or her.  I know some pain is normal, but don't think it is the norm to experience pain as severe as yours sounds.  Give your doc a call and he/she can let you know whether it is something to be concerned about.

Best of luck to you!  Hope it gets better really soon!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
EstherStar
on 6/9/11 2:17 pm
I will tell you the same thing I said to another newbee about pain: STAY AHEAD OF YOUR PAIN!! you were given pain meds for a reason, DO NOT wait until you feel pain to take your narcotics!! Take them exactly as directed by your surgeon. Surgeon's usually give anti-nausea meds to help with the pain meds side effects and the surgery in general. Take them before you take your pain meds. This is a pretty traumatic shock to your body and it will scream bloody murder until you give it a pain med. This SLOWS healing, a lot, if pain wakes you up or prevents you from sleeping it needs attention.

If you have pain that is beyond your highest pain GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM, NOW!! I don't mean to yell, I am just really concerned that your pain may signal something is wrong. Call your Doc, or your nearest Emergency Department and explain your situation and get advised on what to do to relieve you of the pain. I wish you well, please get help now.

please keep us updated,
EstherStar

foodlover
on 6/9/11 3:01 pm
YES!  I am very happy for those who said they had no pain what so ever, but I was in HELL for almost two weeks.  the pain was so bad I could not get to the bathroom on my own.  I took the meds, and it only helped a little bit.  BUT, at the 2-3 week mark, I started feeling better and better each day.  It WILL get better.  Like another poster said, take your meds before you feel anything really painful, even if it's not that bad at that moment.  I did that for about 4 days and my pain was more managable for the next couple weeks.  Best of luck!
Shana16
on 6/9/11 4:34 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I was Sleeved on 4/27/11 and for the 1st two days I was in so much pain I cried when  I was awake!  Take the meds and walking really helps with the pain. It will get better.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Backinstride
on 6/10/11 12:54 am
Sorry your in so much pain. I feel your pain mine was unbearable to the point of tears . Everyone's body is different. I had a hiatial hernia so I think that made it worse. I had severe chest pains as well. It will subside in a few days just stay on the pain meds don't miss a dose. Yes it is normal for some of us. Take care of yourself. I pray you have support from family or friends .

MediumSoon
on 6/10/11 1:11 am - TX
I agree with EstherStar. TAKE YOUR PAIN MEDS!!! You'll be off of them soon enough - take them when you need them.

Most Active