Totally Messed up!!!

Helen S.
on 6/11/11 11:20 am - TX
 I'm 10 days out from my surgery (June 21st) and I'm suppose to be on one small meal of lean chicken and veggies and 2 protein shakes a day. I did so well the first 4 days and I TOTALLY blew it today.  I can't believe I did that!!!  Big barbeque, lots of people and fun and food and drinks...... it's like I forgot or more accurately I guess, I just threw all cares to the wind!!! I'm so disappointed in myself. 
sleevegirl
on 6/11/11 11:23 am - Austin, TX
You are only human. We are having surgery the same day and we have the same pre op diet - I started it Tuesday. The only thing that saved me yesterday was eating several SF Popsicles, went over the carb limit, but something had to give. It's freaking hard. I've purposely not gone to things where I'd be tempted because I totally know I would just say "screw it" and have whatever I wanted. What's done is done though. Pick yourself back up and start back on it NOW.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:02 pm - TX
 Hey, same day surgeries!!! YAY! You're absolutely, right, I'm back on track and probably should just stay away from those situations until I'm through all this. Anyway, I'm back on track and I'm pretty sure I won't do that again!!!! Funny how quickly we can lose sight of something we want so much!
Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:03 pm - TX
 whoops, did I reply to myself above??? haha 
TammyBell
on 6/12/11 5:49 am - Huffman, TX
where in texas are you from? I am right outside of houston.. looking to talk with someone near me... good luck..
Could_It_Be
on 6/11/11 11:26 am
I'm the day after you all and am also struggling with the pro-op diet. The ONLY thing that is keeping me from 'cheating' is that I'm scared to death of my liver causing complications!

Hang in there, we CAN do this. Look at all these other people who have done it ahead of us!
Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:05 pm - TX
 I know, that's EXACTLY what I thought would keep me on this pre-op diet. That's why I'm so disappointed in myself. I hope I haven't done toooooo much damage in the "shrink the liver" process. I will definitely be avoiding situations that will be too tempting for me from now on. :)
Christina B.
on 6/11/11 11:38 am
I am having surgery on the 20th of June and I am having a terrible time too. I am also getting real nervous. My surgery has been postponed twice now. Just waiting for labs on Monday.
Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:10 pm - TX
 Wow!!! We're all having surgery so close together!!! We can help each other through it.  I know I'm going to have a million questions as I go through this pre-op and post-op. I guess we all will! :) 
njmom5870
on 6/11/11 11:49 am
Chalk it up and start fresh.  I avoided social situations for the first month, while I was on a restricted diet. I think I may have went a little longer too.

Please be gently on your healing tummy.  You are at a risk for a leak up to 14 days out.  Your stomach went through major surgery.  Be careful.  On meal is not worth a complication.

Stay strong..you can do it!
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

Most Active