When will i feel normal?:(

Arlen Soman
on 6/18/11 7:39 pm - sugar land, TX
It's been 12 days since surgery and i still have a hard time drinking liquid (( m still on clear liquids and cant even get enough of it ( has any one else felt it? I have a feeling my sleve is to tight could tht be the case? I just wana have my liquides w/o any uncomfatable feeling((
infodiva808
on 6/18/11 8:12 pm
 Drink very slowly, sip, sip, sip. Try different temperatures of water. Some find warm tea goes down better while others prefer icy water. You won't be able to drink normally for a while so just get used to taking small sips.

By all means, mention it to your doctor and make sure you do not get dehydrated. If you do, go immediately to the ER.

katier825
on 6/18/11 8:49 pm
You've got to give it a few weeks...there is swelling and also the body needing to adjust to the trauma of surgery.  Just keep sipping, try various temp drinks.  I preferred warm or room temp drinks early on.  As time goes by, your sips will get larger and be normal sips before you know it.  I think I was really back to my old self within a month.

Hang in there!
BuckeyeGirl
on 6/18/11 9:22 pm - TN
It took me about 3-4 weeks to feel "normal" again.

I had trouble meeting my liquids goal at first as well. Don't panic, but do make a consistent effort to continuously sip and watch for signs of dehydration.

Hang in there! This phase will pass and you will feel normal again before you know it.

Lindsey

freyke
on 6/18/11 11:44 pm - VA
It took about a week to ten days before I felt "ok." You'll be fully on top of your game in 4-6 months, then you'll be back to your "new normal." :)

Arlen Soman
on 6/19/11 12:53 am - sugar land, TX
thank you so much for telling me i'm not the only one out here :/ and i hope this passes soon cause its very frustrating ((
sleeve genie
on 6/19/11 1:02 am - Alhambra, CA
We all heal differently and it takes time for the swelling to go down.  Once it does you should be fine.  If you do have a nice small sleeve it will be easier for yu to lose the weight.  I have  a bigger sleeve and struggle to not eat too much.  It really does get better every day and by a month out you should be doing great.  congrats on your surgery :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

MediumSoon
on 6/19/11 1:42 pm - TX
I didn't feel "normal" for about 6 weeks - but I felt "ok" after 2-3. You'll get there - just keep doing what you need to do...

Most Active