I'm home, sleeved and sore...

sleevegirl
on 6/23/11 5:01 am - Austin, TX
All of my incisions are pretty high up, higher than I thought they would be. I have six. The sorest part is underneth them though (not like inside, but under towards my belly more). It's weird. It hurts like heck when I get up from a chair, nevermind the bed. So I'm up and walking around as much as possible and I'll sit down in a higher chair for a bit, and then back up and moving around. Too hot to go outside so I'm just wearing grooves in the tile. Not having any problem with water, taking small sips. I took my blood pressure pill with no problem, cut up the prilosec and took it with no problem. I've only managed to eat half of a prepared SF jello cup so far. I'm not worried. I'm supposed to be drinking isopure though. I'll try one of those later today. Just taking it slow, one thing at a time.

No drain (yippee!) no catheher (yay!). Really sore tummy, again, just surprised WHERE it's sore. It's odd. 

When I take a drink or whatever, I get a weird almost burp thing that comes back up. It's just weird, doesn't hurt.

All the air has settled in my chest. feel like there's an elephant sitting on it sometimes. It comes and goes.

That barium I had to drink in xray was gross. I was told to gulp it and it HURT, first thing I had to drink and it was that junk. Gave me diarrea too (TMI).

I'm on liquid lortab (vicodin basically). I'm doig well, babbling a litlte becuase I"m high as a kite, but I'm here! :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

pebbles4388
on 6/23/11 5:20 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
Hi, glad you're doing ok. I wish you a very speedy recovery and tremendous weight loss.

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

koshermama
on 6/23/11 5:21 am, edited 6/23/11 5:22 am
Glad to hear you're keeping down meds - I am worried about that! It's day 2 - I keep reading it's the worst day - it will only get better I can't wait until I'm in your shoes!! Enjoy your highness

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
Susan0714
on 6/23/11 5:25 am - Kenner, LA
Congrats Sleevegirl on the surgery and I am gald you are home.. Sorry you are having some soreness..

I know what you mean about the incisions and how they feel, and that the soreness is not on the incision but around your belly.. One of my incisionis was sore the one by my bellybuttoon, but just around not on the incision itself..

To me when I got up or moved on my bed, it just felt like I was ripping my incision.. I know that  wasn't it just felt like it.. I did nto have a drain or a catheter either..

The burping is fun isn't it.. LOL.. I burp a lot too, I know that is from the gas they had to put in our bellies..

I know what you mean about an elephant sitting on your chest, I am so happy that part has not happened with me for a few days...

Welcome to the bench...

Susan

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Need4Change
on 6/23/11 5:34 am - NJ
Hey sleevegirl,

I was just discharged this AM and back home now.  Everything you said sounds about like what Im experiencing... only issue is they have me on Tyl3 (w/codeine) which in my opinion does nothing!  Wish I could be high and not feel a darn thing...oh well.

Shari H.
on 6/23/11 5:37 am - MI
 Congrats, Sleevegirl!  

Shari
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Lalamonkey
on 6/23/11 5:40 am - GA
Hey Girl -

Glad you are doing well.  Glad you are drinking and walking too - keep it up.  First week is a bit tough but it gets way better, really fast.  Just focus on the liquids (protein and water).  It will help when you can get out - I found walking around the stores theraputic.  Hopefully the pain should subside pretty quickly.

Welcome to the bench - glad everything went well!  Rest up!

Hugs,

Lala
Nicole S.
on 6/23/11 5:44 am - Vallejo, CA
Congrats and Happy Healing!!!! 
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

MediumSoon
on 6/23/11 5:51 am - TX
All sounds perfectly normal. It'll get better every day!

The_Chungs
on 6/23/11 7:18 am
I"m glad to know you're home and that you're ok! 
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views