Did any one have to have endoscopy done?

Arlen Soman
on 6/22/11 12:40 pm - sugar land, TX
I had my revision done on the 6th of June from a lap band to sleeve. I have had troubles with it. I am almost 3 weeks out and still have trouble drinking water. I went to the doc today and he said the area where my band was is to tight and they might need to do endoscopy cause my sleeve is to tight :( has this happened to any one?        
Babs
on 6/22/11 1:03 pm - Walker, MI
I curently have a band and am looking to get revision to sleeve, waiting for ins approval, but my daughter and husband both had sleeve in May and she was throwing up a little so the doc thought sleeve maybe too tight so he did endoscopy & now is much better for her. My husband is thinking about checking with doc on that cause he sometimes has trouble getting food down. According to doc it is not uncommon, the scar tissue is sometimes the culprit. Good luck, I hope it helps, she noticed relief right away. They just put a balloon down there to open it up a little bit. She has lost 61 lbs so far and has about 180 lbs to go. She is young only 19 so I hope it can be a life long change for her. I don't know if they come out here to check things out or not , but my doc reccomended it to me back in 2005 when I had the band. Good luck to you!

Babs
Arlen Soman
on 6/22/11 1:32 pm - sugar land, TX
 my doc said there are chances of a Leak to which make me scared:( did they tell her the same? and did she have any issues with that?  
Babs
on 6/23/11 1:19 am - Walker, MI

Yes, they thought it could be possible that there was a leak, she was frightened, but surgeon is excellent so we were confident he would take good care of her. Turns out it was just a little too tight. I guess some docs do an endoscopy right after surgery to make sure no leaks.  How far out are you from your surgery? She was about 36 days post op. Not sure how long after the surgery before you don't have to worry about leaks, but am thinking after 3 months?  Hope it all works out for you, let us know how it goes after they do it.

Babs

Arlen Soman
on 6/23/11 12:24 pm - sugar land, TX
 I am about 2 and 1/2 weeks out. I just hope there is no leak :(  
amystimetoshine
on 6/22/11 2:26 pm - Pleasant Hill, CA

Hi -- I just wanted to say I am have the endoscopy with balloon dilation done on Friday at 2 pm.  I was told the same thing about the leak.  My gastroenterologists SWEAR this will help, my surgeon however thinks I am risking a leak (beyond scared of that at this moment) and I should convert to a RNY (have probable stricture on 2 seperate upper gi's as well as severe gerd/reflux).  both my surgeon and gastroenterologist will be at the procedure and if a lea****urs I will give preconsent to do rny if safe at the time.  Hoping that the dilation goes smoothly and is effective and I wake up able to tolerate meat and more texture...  it has been a LONG 8 months unable to eat meat/chicken/salmon without vomiting.    Good luck to you and feel free to friend me and email me after the procedure and I will let you know how it went!!   Good news about the pp's dtr -- always nice to hear that the procedure works and quality of life improves!!  I worry that stretching my stomach seems "counter intuitive" to weight loss and I feel like I have had to resort to slider foods too often because I cant tolerate any meat/eggs/chicken or fish or raw veggies and I worry having more room will make that worse... right now I am drastically limited by amount!   Hopefully it will just help me be able to remain full on mostly protein so I dont feel like the not as good for me stuff is all I can get in!   Good luck to you!   Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
Arlen Soman
on 6/22/11 3:49 pm - sugar land, TX
 did you have it done? or will have it done on fri? do keep me posted :)  
Babs
on 6/23/11 1:27 am - Walker, MI
Not sure why they would worry that the balloon dialation would cause a leak, I thought they look around with endoscopy and then if no leak do dialation and look again to be sure no leaks? Sorry to hear of your misery for so long, but why would you have to convert to RNY if you hvae strictures? They can't fix strictures with balloon dialation? Just asking cause I know very little about this and am curious because in process of getting approved for the surgery. Hope all goes well and let us know what happens.

Babs
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views