0-Ld ... 0-Ld ... 0-Ld ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

sublimate
on 6/28/11 7:39 am - San Jose, CA
Some times will power alone is just not enough. I've had times where I have inadvertently eaten carbs (added sugar in something I wasn't expecting for example) and awoken the sleeping carb junkie inside me.

If you are hungry all the time you may be dealing with blood sugar fluctuations or hormonal imbalances or nutrient deficiencies. It's very difficult to deal with mentally when your body is screaming with cravings. This is what I do that really helps me deal with physical cravings:

Chromium Picolinate - Take 200 micrograms of chromium picolinate each morning

L-glutamine - craving destroyer. Take 500 mg 20 mins before each meal, 3 times per day.

5-HTP - (for night cravings only) Take 50-100 milligrams about 1-2 hours before bed every day as long as cravings persist.

So in other words most supplements should be taken each morning, with additionally 5-HTP before bed ONLY, and L-glutamine taken also before your main meals, three times a day. These all should be relatively cheap to buy.. and of course there are others you can take but I find these most helpful.

I know that it may not seem like these will help, but trust me they make a HUGE difference. I recently had a huge sugar craving bout because I inadvertently ate some added sugar and totally got triggered. I was like a junkie, totally and then I remembered that I have taken supplements that helped in the past.

It took about 6 hours for the l-glutamine to kick in but it totally took away all of my cravings when it did. In addition to taking these supplements, go BBQ yourself a whole bunch of meat so that when you are hungry, and every time you are hungry, you can go stuff more meat/protein in your face.

You might be craving carbs but you'll keep yourself full with protein, and keeping yourself full will help you avoid eating the carbs and repeating the cycle. It won't totally take away the cravings but it will numb them.

Trust me this will really really help you. Just spend some time this evening cooking the protein foods and buying the supplements (walmart sells them) and get your plan squared away so that you are ready to go tomorrow. You can do this!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

1london
on 6/28/11 8:32 am
You CAN do this!!!!  Your new life is right around the corner waiting for you!!!  Don't let your addiction to food rob you of a future full of hope and happiness.
We are all in this boat together, each and every one of us had/has something we were/are fighting.  We did not get to our heaviest weight by eating carrots!
Start fresh with the attitude; I will not let this opportunity to pass me by, and if you have a faith in God, pray, it works!
I will say a prayer for you and will be cheering you every step of the way!
GO-GO-GO
veranda
on 6/28/11 10:53 am
I read your post and I remembered how I felt when I was waiting to have my approval/surgery. No one gets this overweight without abusing food. We are in an abusive cycle with food. So it makes a lot of sense that you are using food to process your feelings about surgery. I was doing the same thing. Then I had to decide if my desire to get healthy outweighed my abusive behaviors. I was able to lose the weight for approval and then my anxiety lessened therefore I ate less. Have you ever considered working on your addictive behaviors through counseling while waiting for surgery? You may want the support system even after surgery because your life changes so much. This is not a journay about weight loss -- it is a journey to become healthy -- learning to manage head hunger and addiction. If you don't get a the rood of the addiction, then you mat loss the weight but switch addictions. I wish you the best......
DrHollywood
on 6/29/11 1:38 am - Harbor City, CA
Try going to an OA meeting. maybe that can help your head get in the right place.

You can do this.  

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Most Active