Going to pull a Julia Roberts

megamommy
on 6/28/11 11:38 pm
I went shopping at Macy's and the lady told me I was to big for anything in the store.Of course she says it in front of my husband,  It was humiliating and I cried. Really??? anything. Im big but I can wear plus sizes. Im going to get this sleeve and come back with my photo and say "hey lady...you work on commission...BIG MISTAKE" LOL
Dolphinsrayne
on 6/28/11 11:50 pm - MI
Good for you....give em hell!!!!   I would also be contacting that ladies manager because what she did is unacceptable.....good luck on your journey

HW:359  June 1st: 299.5 SW: 276.5     
Daviegrandma
on 6/28/11 11:54 pm - Davie, FL
HECK NO....... WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THAT.....Macy's needs to educate their employees better. 
let's all send out an email to Macy's corporate office...What Macy,s did you go to?  we will not stand by and lets this happen to another sister...

Caligirlgina
on 6/29/11 12:00 am - CA
Oh I would have gone straight up to the manager of the entire store's office and demand an apology. Screw that lady. People are so insensative at times.
xoox
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 12:22 am - TN
VSG on 09/23/11 with

Oh my Good Lord ... I love this!! ... you are my HERO for having the hutzpah / ***** to return to take care of business! You go dollbaby !!  Marsaglia

acbbrown
on 6/29/11 1:00 am - Granada Hills, CA
That's outrageous. I would send a complaint to corporate. That should never be tolerated.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Leslie B.
on 6/29/11 1:17 am - MO
I totally agree!!!  How could anyone possibly think that is ok to talk to someone that way? 

"I am so happy with my new life, would not change it for anything!"
Ms Shell
on 6/29/11 1:38 am - Hawthorne, CA
Oh hell NO...you should NOT sit idly by and WAIT to be vindicated.  This women needs to be report and reported NOW.   If I were you I'd dry my tears and put on my big girl panties and either call or go back and make a formal complaint.  You PAY this woman's salary and deserve to be treated.  I bought many items at stores when I was heavy.

I'm sorry you went through this but you really need to stand up for yourself and demand the respect you deserve.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Nicole S.
on 6/29/11 1:43 am - Vallejo, CA
Sounds like a similar thing that happened to me once, and from here on out I refuse to shop at JC Penny''s .  A sales clerk made the same comment to me and ironically after I reported it, they fired her on the spot.   However, I will not shop there again after other issues came up with yet different sales clerks.  But good for you!!! Give them the what for!!!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Lalamonkey
on 6/29/11 2:07 am, edited 6/29/11 2:09 am - GA
Good for you.  I already did this...  I love Talbots clothes so I won't hold it against the store.

My local Talbots has both Women and Missy but you have to walk through the Missy to get to the Women.  There was a VERY judgemental, *****y sales woman who whenever I would linger or look in Missy would say..,.'Hi can I help you (quick pause) the Women's sizes are in the back".

So fast forward to present day that I now wear Missy, I recently spent a small fortune in the store and she was there.  I let her help me, take clothes in an out of the room etc.  She took all my clothes to the register for check out .... THEN...

I asked to see the manager - She came out from the back and I said..." Hi, I just wanted to let you know that your sales woman was very nice to me today (dramatic pause) but anytime I entered your store before my 60 lbs weightloss  she ignored me or shamed me into the Women's department.  She was discriminatory and ignorant.  During all those visits I was dreaming about this day, when I could shop in Missy again.  I'd like to ask that someone in the Woman's dept receive the commision for today's sale as they NEVER treated me poorly."  

The Manager rung me up herself back at the Woman's counter, thanked me for telling her my tale, and gave me 10% off!!!

I say speak up, claim your place in this world, let's stop being the invisible fat people and demand to be treated with kindness and respect.

YOU GO JULIA!!!!!  ( My inner skinny ***** is alive and well... HEAR ME ROAR!!!!)

Most Active