Average weight loss post surgery

apw0
on 6/29/11 12:27 am - Doylestown, PA
Some time ago, someone posted a link to an average weight loss chart, broken down by month, after surgery. It was on this site, but I haven't been able to find it.
Would anyone happen to have this link?

tanieanie
on 6/29/11 12:41 am - WI
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/planner+results.php

Pbell
on 6/29/11 12:41 am
 I would love to see it too... I am not sure if what I am losing is "normal"
Pbell
on 6/29/11 12:43 am
 OH wow.... I am losing more than that... is that ok????

tanieanie
on 6/29/11 12:51 am - WI
Its better than o.k.  its Great!!!

apw0
on 6/29/11 12:49 am - Doylestown, PA
Thanks much, but I don't think that's it. This particular chart showed how much you should have lost by month 1, month 2, month 3, etc. Of course, I sometimes have total recall of all things imaginery, so I could have just made it up in my head.  But I'm almost positive that's what it was.
But thanks anyway, I appreciate your response.

tanieanie
on 6/29/11 12:50 am - WI
On that chart if you put in your current weight, your height and percentage you want to lose it breaks it down by how much youll lose per month.   

apw0
on 6/29/11 12:59 am - Doylestown, PA
Thank you sooooooo much!! I neglected to put in the percentage that I wanted to lose. I hope that's no indication of how the rest of my day is going to go. Hmmmmm.
Nevertheless, PBell is losing too much, and I'm clearly not losing enough! So I guess I have some serious work to do.
Thanks again, and I would probably be on track if I came to this site every single day, to get encouragement.  So now I know what I have to do, and darn it.....I'M GONNA DO IT!!! I didn't go through all of this, only to fail!

Stevo
on 6/29/11 1:48 am - Portland, OR
I wouldn't get hung up on this calculator there are many other things that come into play as you lose your weight at your own pace, you have to be patience with yourself.  It a new beginning for yourself and you have to learn to cope with it.   Wait until you hit a plateau for 3-4 weeks while your body adjust to the changes taking place.  I always feel good with whatever amount I lose when I lose it.  I got sick and had to take some meds for about 3 weeks,  I was eating the same amount and I gained 2 lbs. but after I got better and stop taking the meds, I dropped 10 lbs. in 2 weeks.  So don't get hung up on people's expectations.  Also you know as well as I do that changing your habits is just as important and changing what your eating.   I see some of the other members trying to figure out ways to cheat themselves back into their old habits, you can do that if you really want that for yourself.  But when made the decision to get my surgery I also made the decision that I was going to use this tool to change the other aspects of life too.  It's a life changing journey with a happy ending no matter how long it takes you to get there.
Stay true to yourself,
Stevo

apw0
on 6/29/11 2:00 am - Doylestown, PA
Thank you soooooooo much for your post. And you're right....I have to stay true to myself, and remember why I had the surgery to begin with.  And most importantly, I have to change my eating habits. My doc is a bit disappointed in my weight loss to date, and I know that it's only because of the food choices that I'm making. I'm glad he was disappointed, because it was a very loud wake up call for me. I have slipped back into some of those old habits, and it's being reflected on the scale.
I so appreciate your encouragement. It's just what I need, just when I need it. So I will celebrate whatever amount I lose, but I will also think twice about what goes in my mouth. The only person I will be hurting is myself. And like I said, I didn't go through all of this to fail.
Thanks again Steve!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views