"normal" BMI.. I should be happy

MellyMay
on 7/9/11 11:53 am
My BMI is at 24.6 according to my profile.... I have lost 53 lbs since my surgery in January (6 months ago tomorrow)  I try to make good choices, but to eat carbs and junk (although usually in moderation & I make sure i meed my protein & water for the day) 
I am so depressed! I can't even bring myself to smile.. My kids are wonderful, and beautiful & I hardly give a crap about what's going on with them or my hubby! All I wanna do is stick my head under my pillow & stay there!
I think it's all related to money stress, though....  My hubby has been out of work for quite some time.. he's looking soo hard, but here in Central CA there really isn't jack for jobs =( 
I simply can't support us on my income alone... every month we get further behind & this month is going to be the clincher.. I think we may get evicted. I simply don't have the rent money. 
I don't know what to do.  I asked my mother if she would help me with the rent, but I have a feeling she'll say "no" (we have a terrible relationship by the way)
Well... now that I got that off my chest, back to the couch I go.. waiting til I can go to bed. 

HW: 210, SW:192, GW: 115 , Height: 5'2", Age 31     
Still Fawn
on 7/9/11 12:17 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Big hugs Hun... I feel you pain so much.. We are in the process of moving because we can't afford our house anymore.. And I have been looking for a job for years at this point. Money adds so much stress to our lives, it is like a physical weight on our backs, pulling us down.. Just know you aren't alone..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

MellyMay
on 7/9/11 12:23 pm
 Thank you sweetie! I hope you find something & are happy in your new house ;o) 

roundater
on 7/9/11 1:32 pm - Lincoln, NE
Big hugs here too. My wife has been out of work for 9 months. If family won't help might check with some of the social service agencies to see if there are programs to help. Are you able to take a second job or is that too much strain? I realize you are under a ton of stress and am trying to help.
Let me know if I can help further.

Rich Sonderegger

MellyMay
on 7/9/11 2:00 pm
 thank you.  i'm looking for a second job.. never know =) 

roundater
on 7/9/11 2:06 pm - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Again you might want to check with some social service and charatble agencies to see if you can get assistance on things such as food medical etc. See if your creditors will work with you on a reduced payment schedule and utilities often have reduced payment or help with payment programs to folks in need. Hopefully this can scrap up enough to satisfy the rent. Let me know if I can help further and again big hugs to you. Congrats on your weight loss so far.
Rich Sonderegger

thethinme
on 7/9/11 1:39 pm - NY
sorry to hear. (((hugs)))

sometimes life seems so hard and bad, but it's only phases. in a while things will fall into place and you'll be over all this.

I am not in a great phase myself, for other reasons, but I try to think that at least my body is one less thing I have to worry about...

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

MellyMay
on 7/9/11 2:01 pm
 Thank you.. I hope we all manage to work through our "crap"

Kristy R.
on 7/10/11 4:38 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Ugh, things are so rough for a lot of people right now!  Hang in there.  I know it is hard, but try to stay focused on the good things in life - and focus on working to a better future.  I have had a terrible couple of years and I didn't know if I was going to come out on the other side of part of it.  My daughter left home when she was 17 and hasn't talked to me in over two years.  We were (I thought) best friends - she decided she wanted to do what she wanted and not follow our rules and went to live with my ex's over-indulgent mother - who did not think she should send her back home.  Anyway - you have your children, your health.  That is the MOST important thing - everything else will work out somehow.  I forced myself to move on in life - too much of it left to not live it.  I truly think that attitude in life brings about what you get out of life and what life brings to you.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Diahann
on 7/10/11 6:30 am
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views