One month post op

Susan0714
on 7/15/11 9:34 pm - Kenner, LA
It is hard to believe that a month has gone by so fast..  I have had no problems since after the first day I was home.  I had a little vomiting but, after that I was fine.  I just started soft foods on Wednesday.   I have been walking my dogs daily, for longer distances, and I have been using my elliptical more now.

When the rain here stops I want to get in a pool and star****er walking..  I have not been hungry at all.. I still do get some head hunger.  Other then that, I have been feeling GREAT!  I lvoe my sleeve. 

I started this journey at 306, I am at 267 as of this morning.. So, 38lbs gone forever.  Thanks to everyone on OH, for all their support now and a month ago, when I had my surgery.. I have learned so much on here.

My NSV is having a friend I had not seen since in a few weeks see me the other day, and say how great I looked. She had come over to my house, and was spending time with my hubby and I.. I had to run a quick errand, and my hubby told me when I was gone, she told him, again how great I really lookd..

So. thank you sleeve, and thank you Dr. Wooldridge for giving me this sleeve and dong such a wonderful job..

I love me sleeve.. Thanks everyone,

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Susan0714
on 7/15/11 9:37 pm - Kenner, LA
One other thing, I have gone down in pants size and in shirt size.  I bought a pair of pants that other day, but something tells me, the way my new pants are fitting now, I am going to be going down another size..

I don't like to wear snug shirts so my shirt is just a little big on me as well.. 

Linda78801
on 7/15/11 10:00 pm
VSG on 02/03/12

That's great news, congrats.  I am a newbie out for info and love to hear these success stories.  As a  matter of fact I am heading out to my seminar today!  My number one concern is post op, and how long you took to recover and I am reading from plenty of post hardly any time and already back at work.  Once again Congrats on your success!

Learning that life is worth living once you can breath!    
Susan0714
on 7/15/11 10:34 pm - Kenner, LA
Thank you so much Linda.. Have a good time at your seminar today.  I have gone back to school so at this moment I am not working.. But, I have been driving since I was 4 days out.. I did not drive far the first few days.. I was not on any pain meds when I got home..

Good luck to you on your journey.. You will be very happy that you got the sleeve.. If you have any questions please done't hesitate to ask, about pre op diet etc.. I can only tell you though what my Nutritionist said that I could have on my diet..

Good Luck to you

Susan

Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/15/11 11:00 pm
Amazing! You are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work it sounds like you are a big loser! I am sure it feels G-R-E-A-T! As Tony would say. I am always elated to hear these kind of stories. You should be proud of your performance and especially if they are noticeable. Take care.
Susan0714
on 7/15/11 11:08 pm - Kenner, LA
Thank you.. I can see it mostly in my face right now, and my watch slides downmy wrist, and my rings are very loose... I hope to take a new picture soon..   I have lost 1 1/2 inches in my waist., and 2 inches in my hips so far.

Thank you again Asecondchanceat life.. Good luck to you as well on your journey

Susan

felicity2u
on 7/15/11 11:05 pm - LA
Like I told you before,that is just wonderful! You will be catching up with me soon, I better step up my game.  Be careful with the clothes shopping because I have spent a pretty penny on new clothes.  In fact, you could probably use alot of the pants that I have and some tops. Let me know! Make sure to take photos every month, that is the only way I can tell on myself as I still see me at the size that I started.  In the meantime, keep rockin' that sleeve!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Susan0714
on 7/15/11 11:11 pm - Kenner, LA
HI Angelle,

Thank you so much.. When you get back from Vegas let me know, Maybe then I could come and look at some of your old clothes.

A friend of mine from OH told about some Goodwill places around here that have plus size cothes, I have not had a chance to look at them yet..

I will probably head to them today or Monday..   Thanks again, and have a GREAT time in Vegas.. You go ROCK Vegas..

Susan

Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/15/11 11:12 pm
Oh, wow! Can wait to see those pics. Uw.
roundater
on 7/15/11 11:15 pm - Lincoln, NE
Way to go from a felow June sleever. Have had similar progress as you and aren't those NSVs just absolutely awesome!!
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active