Stress is eating me alive..

GypsySoul86
on 9/14/11 10:19 am
Stress is eating me alive today!!! Ok that's a lie.....I'm eating it!!! Everything has been getting better on a personal stand point except problems with my step-daughter feel like they are NEVER going to end... i know i am doing well and have come so far but it times of panic like this ALL my copping skills go OUT THE WINDOW AND TO THE GROCERY STORE!! HELP! Any suggestions?

phred
on 9/14/11 11:04 am - CO
When you're up to your ass in alligators, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

candyturbo
on 9/14/11 11:44 am
 Do you like to write? You could blog or write a letter to yourself or even to who is stressing you out (don't send it,just write it). I have found that getting it all out on paper is a HUGE help in making me feel better. And it takes time to do it, so I can focus on the writing and not on eating. I also listen to music, usually upbeat and if you can do that while walking or riding an exercise bike, it makes it harder to eat :-) and you get the bonus of exercise.

Whatever activity it is, pick something you love and consciously choose to do that. Even if you tell yourself that you will eat that thing that you want later. You will find that if you distract yourself a few times with an activity  that you enjoy, then it will become more of a habit to do the activity and not eat the food.

If you don't have an activity you love, find one.Try something totally new and different until you find something you enjoy. Step out of your comfort zone on finding an activity and you may just be surprised at how distracting that will be -- both from eating food you don't want or need AND from dealing with your step-daughter. 

Best of luck!
HW 254, Start WLS Program-246, Surgery-239, CW-209, Goal-150 (or better)       
BethR311
on 9/14/11 1:12 pm - Fort Wayne, IN

Big hugs for you!  My ex's daughter used to push my buttons like it was going out of style!

Knitting/crocheting is a huge stress reliever for me and it keeps food out of my hands!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views