Ladies please help! Saggy chin skin and soft peeling nails

angieb77
on 9/14/11 7:54 am - Blaine, MN
I've lost 101 lbs so far and it is really showing in my chin.  I'm only 33 but I have a lot of loose skin under my chin where my huge double chin used to be.  Looking for suggestions on any facial products you ladies have used that may have helped.  I'm 3 months out and halfway to my goal I would like to loose another 100lbs.  I'm wondering if the chin sagging is going to get worse as I continue to drop weight.  I still have a double chin but it is much smaller then it used to be.

My nails are in really bad condition.  Are there any nail products out there that I can apply that will help with how soft, bendy, brittle and peeling issues I am having?  I am taking biotin daily.  So far I haven't had any really noticeable hair loss.   A little bit more hair is coming out when I comb my hair after a shower but *knock on wood* I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't get much worse.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 8:04 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I cannot help with the skin except to say it goes through changes, even after you get to where you want to be for a while.

For your nails, I took this stuff Neocell Collage C 1 and 3, for possible help with skin and hair and my nails really hardened up!  I have nails naturally like you describe, bendy and soft, not brittle, but seriously bendy, and this is all I can attribute that to.

I think I ordered it from Vitanet.

There came a point, where I dropped it from my supplement lineup because I just really needed to get down to what was NECESSARY, but I had a girlfriend who tried it and said it really helped her fibro pain! 

Good luck girlie!
Ms Shell
on 9/14/11 8:51 am - Hawthorne, CA
For my chin area I swear by oral sex...

Dry skin and peeling nails sometimes need a little oil added to your diet.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

weightyissues
on 9/14/11 9:10 am
Oh wow!
angieb77
on 9/14/11 9:48 am - Blaine, MN
No kidding!

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 9:15 am
I think with your age (young) you will find some of that skin will go back. The younger you are, the easier it is for your body to "remember". It may not all go back, but I'm going to wager most will (meaning around the face).

You've lost a lot quickly, that's the biggest reason. Ask your doctor if you can increase biotin, it actually is touted as being good for skin too. My surgeon says while there are no studies for it - he says he's had too many patients with good results so he says go for it.

I'm about to get something through Avon, it's a dermabrasion system. I'm going to give it a shot, it has very high marks. That's the only thing I can think of. I just did a search on my friends Avon site for skin systems.

Congrats too!
HogRider
on 9/14/11 9:43 am - Jacksonville, FL
Cmon be fair us guys have extra skin also. Although I have to admit my beard covers them up.
angieb77
on 9/14/11 9:47 am - Blaine, MN
That is true!  But I figured women in general are more into special anti-wrinkle/lifting/firming face creams, and nail polish/treatments, etc.   But if any guys on here have any suggestions for special facial creams and stuff they used I'm open to all suggestions

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 10:10 am
I'm afraid nothing topical will pull up loose skin.. but time is on your side & chances are there will be some snugging up when things start to stabilize. Until then, good moisturizers! 

Nails- 5000mcg biotin a day. I've been doing it for years and started specifically because of my thin bendy nails. It makes a big diff (mine are stronger, thicker and grow faster) but you need to commit to taking it, or your nails go back to normal.. the nail needs to grow out to see the change. It takes your fingernails a couple months at least to grow out.. but it works.

Beware of "nail hardener" polishes, even stuff like OPI Nail Envy. It seems to only make the nails very hard, then very super peely. I have not found one that works great.. For now, get some Hoofer's Choice or shea butter or other nail cream and massage them at night before bed with that.. it may help the peeling.
SuperRN597
on 9/14/11 10:26 am
I use Hair, Skin and Nails by Natures Bounty.  It has worked wonders on my nails.  They are strong and grow fast.  My hair is growing super fast too.  My skin is saggy and will only be helped by plastic surgery, but I was very heavy for 30 years.  People really noticed my nails and hair being so healthy looking after I had been taken this formula for about 3 weeks.
 Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

Most Active