Surgery Dates??

obxhatteraslight
on 9/25/11 8:36 am - baldwinsville, NY
How have some of you gotten surgery dates before you have completed all of your pre-op requirements? I notice some of you posting that you have not seen the nutritionist or finished the pre-op testing but have dates?

I have all my pre-op stuff completed minus losing the 5% and still do not have a date. I thought that you had to have everything completed before they could send it to insurance and get an approval..

Ok I am jealous.
waitingtoexhale2
on 9/25/11 8:43 am
I had to have everything completed first.  I was wondering the same thing.

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

Jessica30
on 9/25/11 8:45 am
Personally, I have finished most of my pre-op testing. my surgeon still wants me to go see an gastro doctor to have a gastrointestinal endoscopy done because he does not want to run into any surprises. I talked to the secretary in the office because i wanted to be sure that i wasnt going to be wasting money on they psych eval if my insurance was going to deny coverage for the procedure.... She said that my insurance copy is very good with approvals... SO I AM HOPING IT GOES AS WELL AS SHE ASSURED ME IT WOULD.
obxhatteraslight
on 9/25/11 8:47 am - baldwinsville, NY
I guess because I am in this great race to get a December date and wear the Cpap for 8 weeks I am drooling with jealousy.

Even when I had the lap band done I had to have all the pre- qualification stuff completed before I could get a date. Everything had to be done before it could be submitted to my insurance, seems like the same way it is going now.

Patience I know.... wish they bottled it.... I NEED SOME
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 9:03 am
I had to have all my requirements done and the approval in hand before my doc would schedule me. Patience and you will make it.
ChristineTX1970
on 9/25/11 9:13 am - TX
My insurance is with Aetna. My requirements for insurance approval were 3 months of MD and Nut Supervised weight loss program and Psych approval. I was approved after that. I didn't have to loose a specific amount of weight to get approval. My surgery is scheduled for 10-24.

ChristineTX1970
on 9/25/11 9:17 am - TX
Too add to this - I have to have pre-op blood work, chest xray, EKG, and Endoscopy done before surgery. The Endo was done a few weeks ago - and the rest will be done in the next week. I have my last pre-op visit with my DR on the 13th and I have to have all my testing together along with my surgery clearance letter from my family doctor.

MistyM
on 9/25/11 9:17 am - Eufaula, OK
VSG on 06/26/12

My surgery will not be schedule until insurance approval . My 6th month visit is Oct 7th and paperwork will be submitted that day,so November is tentative month for it. I  put November 1,and will edit it when I know the real date ..

Month 1= 19#     Month 2=11#    Month3=8#  Month 4 =10#

Happy966
on 9/25/11 9:17 am

I had requirements for my surgeon's program, and requirements for insurance approval.  They would not schedule until both were completed.  There was a backup at BCBS and they took the entire 30 days they have to review the preauthorization claim.  I had to get pretty Zen about it. 

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

obxhatteraslight
on 9/25/11 10:49 am - baldwinsville, NY
I also have BCBS and pray that they do not take 30 days to go through my paperwork as I am cutting it close to getting a december approval. As with most of us on here, I am sure we have met this years deductibles and I pray that I get a december date.

I was told once I lose the 5% that they can submit my insurance stuff as long as I am compliant with the CPap which I will get fitted for this week...... have to wear for 8 weeks.

I have to go through the review panel. I am concerned to say the least.
Most Active