Home remedy for Intertrigo (yeast infection in folds of skin?)

hrford
on 10/7/11 8:59 pm
VSG on 03/19/12
 As annoying as it is I wouldn't do anything til you see a Dr.  Not because you couldn't probably self treat but this means your excess skin is causing a medical condition and really ups your chances of getting your insurance to at least pay to remove the skin if not a tt.  Every time there is even a minor breakage of skin you need to see your dr!

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

mandyc1975
on 10/8/11 12:46 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
Are you sure it's a yeast infection and not just a rash?

If it is just a rash, you can use some kind of diaper rash cream. It really works.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Kayla M.
on 10/8/11 3:34 am
No, most def a yeast rash.

I ended up cleaning it really well last night and using a prefold to keep the skin apart for the majority of the night.

I'd happily wait to go see the doctor, except it hurts and is uncomfortable and I can't see the doctor until Monday.  I'm not a glutton for punishment.  Plus I'm only 3 weeks out, I'm sure I'll get many more in the future if I'm getting them already. :(
"Did you see that table full of meals?  I mean men!"
~Pat at KC and the Sunshine Band    
Smardeepants
on 10/8/11 6:22 am
It's great that you're seeing your Dr... I just saw mine about 2 weeks ago for the same issue. She says that dry is best (stay away from creams) and I totally agree!

If you can hold the skin up/open, dry with lowest heat setting on a hair dryer (to get it VERY dry. Careful not to burn, just dry it out.). Dust with powder (antifungal powder is best) and repeat as often as needed. It really will help a TON!

mickidee23
on 10/8/11 11:12 am
I saw this in a magazine a few years ago and it worked for me when I had a yeast rash under my breasts during the summer. Buy grapefruit extract (bought mine at a health food store) dilute a few drops with water ( you can probably find the exact solution on the web) then apply with a cottonball.
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

mickidee23
on 10/8/11 2:35 pm

ops it is grapefruit seed extract

HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/8/11 1:30 pm - Tuvalu

#1--don't FEED it...any product with corn starch will FEED the damned thing.
#2--KILL it with almost ANY topical antifungal...(but don't put that INSIDE any part of you...INSIDE you need monistat or the like)...most anything for jock itch or athlete's foot will do for the moment for "exterior" parts.
#3--PREVENT it.  If you're talking about your pannus--belly overhang--my sister has used tube socks to absorb any moisture hanging out there.  If it's in the under-boobage, a similar thing there...maybe an old handkechief or something, or even a minipad of some kind with the unsticky side facing in.

You are a recent post-op, they may have given you antibiotics...even prophyllactically.  Anymore, when I'm handed an Rx for antibiotics, I ALSO want a script for Diflucan (for vaginal yeast infections) and one for Nystatin (for oral yeast infections, aka thrush.)  Most doctors will agree...dentists are usually overwhelmed by the request, so it doesn't hurt to have a "stash" of this stuff at home or for when you travel.

Sue

PS--I remember about 35 years ago when I had massive surgery and a lot of antibiotics and the nurse said, "How do you KNOW it's a yeast infection?"  I was understandably *****y and said, "Because I want to take all the glass parts off my blender and squat over it at high speed to scratch the itch."  They called in the prescription.

Kayla M.
on 10/8/11 1:43 pm
I got some antifungal and have started using it.

I was on antibiotics because I got a UTI in the hospital, didn't even think about it though!  I know better too....those pain pills must have gotten the best of me.

And I'm sorry, but at the blender comment.  Right now I don't want to itch it because it hurts, but I do at the same time because it's sooooo itchy.

Using my daughters prefolds has been helping a lot, I'll just have to remember to strip them when I'm done so I don't give her a yeast infection or something.
"Did you see that table full of meals?  I mean men!"
~Pat at KC and the Sunshine Band    
Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/8/11 2:07 pm - Tuvalu

Here's some history:

www.fwhc.org/health/yeast.htm
Heidi V.
on 10/8/11 8:37 pm - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
What's a prefold?

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Most Active