Any of you slow losers out there taking Lexapro??

Readyforafreshstart
on 10/12/11 6:35 am
Hi all, just curious how many slow losers out there like me are taking lexapro or a similar drug. I have a wonderful new Dr., and she suggested it could very possibly be the reason I lose slower than others and why I seem to have to work SO freaking hard for it. I actually never really thought about it because I've been taking it for like 5 or 6 years. What's your experiences with this?
~SHERILL

G
A
INING LIFE one day at a time!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 8:18 am
Everyone reacts differently to medications, but i have been taking lexapro for several years and my weight loss seems typical considering I am only a month out.
C. Champion
on 10/12/11 9:06 am, edited 10/11/11 9:07 pm - Minneapolis, MN
I am 2 months out, I lost 24lbs the first month and only 6 the second month. I take 30 mgs of Lexapro a day and 75 mgs of Effexor a day. It seems I am loosing slow now, everyone says im doing good but to me it seems like I should have lost more than 6 lbs in my second month after surgery!!! I hope that isnt the cause cuz I need those lexapro lol
I have been taking the lexapro for about 6 years now and the effexor is new that I just started about 2 months before surgery.
maxie1
on 10/12/11 10:36 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

I take lexapro also and I feel I'm not loosing fast enough also..

susan

susan                                                                                                
mickidee23
on 10/12/11 12:28 pm
I take 10mg a day and have for about 3 years now. I've lost about 100lbs in 8 months, but I've been stalled for the last month - totally my own fault. I don't think the Lexapro has had any effect, but  I have had really bad night sweats for the last week, where I wake up cold because I've sweated so much. I've had this on and off since starting Lexapro, but nothing like this. Of course I looked up night sweats online and found they are a sign of Lymphoma which totally freaked me out - hence the reason for lexapro! Anxiety sucks!
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

May D.
on 10/12/11 3:29 pm
 7 months post op and have lost a total of 55lbs.  I think losing slow is better because you won't put it back on like those who lose too fast.  I don't take Lexapro, but am hypothyroid and take Synthroid every day, which is the reason why I am also losing slow, but I'm not in a race, I just want to be healthy!!  Losing 1-2 pounds a week is a very healthy weight loss.  Best of luck to you!
Most Active