This time last year...(pics)

MizzBombChelle
on 11/10/11 10:26 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Today is my surgiversary!!!  I can't believe how fast this year went by.  The first 3 months, I was on this site every second of the day soaking up knowledge and trying to give a little too.  I have been FINALLY living life a little more instead of sitting on this couch, eating and letting my life pass me by.

I had a goal to get to in the first year but I didn't make it.  I am not disappointed nor am I giving up in getting to that goal.  My eating habits aren't want they are supposed to be but I'm eventually going to get fully back in the saddle.  I started going to a support group and a therapist to figure out how to get back on the horse.  Baby steps will get me there.

So, the summer of 2009, I weighed 299 pounds.  The day of surgery, I was 280.  Today, I am 227 pounds.  I went from a size 22/24 to a size 14.  I have energy that I never knew I could have.  I'm loving life and will continue to fix my mind and body until I get to where I want to be.

Here are my before pictures:

Here are some of me in my "during" phase:

I'm still going to get to goal.  Slowly but surely.

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

Awesomassager
on 11/10/11 10:41 pm - KY
You have still done amazing! Keep you head up and I on the prize... Good luck!
EmilyUT
on 11/10/11 10:47 pm - UT
Losing over 70 pounds is a great accomplishment! Also I think it's great that you're going to the support group and therapist for help, I'm sure they will help you in the right direction. You are looking amazing and I'm glad you're feeling that way, too. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

~Emily

faylavi
on 11/10/11 11:01 pm - Laurel, MD
OMG...you look so much smaller.  You before pic caught me by surprise, since I met you when you were smaller.

Work it Girlie!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

DragonGirl
on 11/10/11 11:46 pm - MN
You're beautiful Chelle!! Your tool is still there for you!! You've made amazing progress and we know this is a journey that never has an ending since we always need to keep the path!!

Best of luck and hugs!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
felicity2u
on 11/10/11 11:46 pm - LA
You are doing wonderfully and you look beautiful!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

percheron
on 11/11/11 12:27 am
You look beautiful.  I can not wait to be at the 70 pounds lost point.  You should be so proud of yourself, what a wonderful accomplishment!    Congratulations! 

Kathy

betti
on 11/11/11 1:35 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Great job!!!  Happy Surgiversary!!!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 11/11/11 2:16 am
Congrats! and dont worry about goal in your first year, alot of folks say it took them 15 months to make goal and even if not then , you have still done amazing!!!!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Sweet_56
on 11/11/11 3:09 am - Saskatchewan, Canada
You look amazing!! Keep up the good work!!
Happy Surgiversary!!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

Most Active