swimmy-headed

joie_de_sleeve
on 11/15/11 12:52 am - IN
Lately I've experienced a lot of dizziness when going from sitting or bending to standing upright. Sometimes it's so extreme that I'm a little scared I'll pass out. At first I thought maybe my blood pressure had normalized and it was time to stop the meds, but when my dr checked a few weeks ago, it was still at the high end of normal with the med.

I think I'm getting in all the proteins, water, and vitamins I am supposed to have, but maybe not. Has anyone else experienced this?  My next follow-up isn't for a couple of weeks, but I'm wondering if this is something I need to alert them of before then.

Thanks!

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Stephanie M.
on 11/15/11 1:13 am
It's called Positional Hypotension, and I've had it since surgery. My blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal, and it's even lower since I've lost so much weight. It really bothers me and I can't seem to get anyone to take it seriously. My PCP told me to stop getting up so fast. Seriously? I'm 36! I should be able to get up as fast as I like!

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm right there with you.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Crystal M.
on 11/15/11 2:31 am - El Paso, TX
Stephanie, I am like you. I always had low blood pressure when I was a normal weight and have had low to average blood pressure when I was obese.

I think the reason your doctor doesn't seem to take it seriously is because, even though those head rushes are annoying, having low blood pressure is a good thing. My doctor told me years ago that low blood pressure is better than normal blood pressure.

I don't usually get those head rushes like you do. I hope it stabilizes for you.

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Stephanie M.
on 11/15/11 4:06 am
That's very true. My last doctor was practically gleeful describing how I had blood pressure so low that I'd never have a heart attack. Obviously that's a wonderful thing, I'd just like blood to reach my brain when I stand up so I don't black out and hit my head on anything. I'm just hoping it will mellow out when I'm done losing.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Mrs.Goose
on 11/15/11 1:15 am
I experienced this about two weeks ago and assumed that it might be my blood pressure getting too low or blood sugar getting too low. It ended up not being either of those it was vertigo. From what I understand with low blood sugar or low blood pressure you feel faint as where my dizziness was more of the room spinning and then in the middle of the night when I woke up I couldn’t even walk without holding onto the wall or furniture or I might have fallen. Either way you should check in with your doctor to try to determine exactly what is the cause of your dizziness. 
Get in the COURAGE LANE ... There is hardly any traffic in that lane! 

faylavi
on 11/15/11 1:53 am - Laurel, MD
Same here...my vision also blurs when I need to eat or have not eaten enough. My doctor tells me to eat more ( frustration ) and to stand up slowly

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

BethR311
on 11/15/11 8:58 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I have that too, have had it for years. It used to be a lot worse. My ears would ring so loudly I couldn't hear what people were saying and I have fainted. Try to drink a little more water and, sorry, get up slower. It really does help.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active