Vent About My Post Op Recovery Process ,I Need Some Help

bathoria
on 12/4/11 3:23 am - San Antonio, TX
Ok so I really need to VENT all this out. Today is my 11 day post and I am feeling terrible,emotionally and physically. I am so tired of this liquid diet :(. My surgeon's plan is 2 weeks pre op of full liquids diet,the day prior surgery I was on clear liquids and post surgery 2 weeks more of full liquids and after my 2 week check which is this December 9, I can start my purees. I am not drinking enough fluids :( I am doing horrible with my protein and my water. I tried but I get tired of drinking the same stuff over and over. I am trying different protein shakes to see if that helps but I get tired of them easily. I am feeling weak with no energy :(. I get really sad because this whole liquid diet makes me sick. I want to try something in puree but I need to wait till my 2 weeks check. I know is very important to follow my surgeon's instruction because I don't want to be back in the hospital due to an infection in my staple line or whatever. But I am seriously really tired of having broths ,jello etc :( I tried to make them in different ways,bought them. I been VERY strong on cooking for my husband and 2 year old regular foods and not even thinking of try the regular food. I KNOW this is all in my head. I really NEED some support and help now. I am scared I won't do good with my sleeve :frown5: :frown5: :frown5: :frown2: 

Jittabug
on 12/4/11 3:37 am, edited 12/4/11 3:43 am
I know how you feel. I was on a clear liquid post op diet for two weeks and I am on it again. I am five days post op and still have another week in a half before I end my clear liquid. I bought anything clear liquid I can have and sugarfree Popsicles and jello and I have lost twenty pds on this prep and post op diet that's what really keeps me going. I have to be on clear liquids a total of four weeks as well so i can relate. Im just loving the scale right now so i have been able to deal with it and just use variety of the liquids and protein. Keep up the work it will pay off in the end. I have another week in a half before I can add cream soups and i can't wait for that day. Good luck
tillmadd
on 12/4/11 3:40 am - WI
 full liquids include creamed soups, cottage cheese, cream of wheat/grits, SF/FF pudding, applesauce, have you tried these to add more variety??
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 3:50 am
All of those things??? Do you have to mash up the cottage cheese at all?
ruggie
on 12/4/11 4:00 am - Sacramento, CA
No.  It's fine.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

sunnymicki
on 12/4/11 5:20 am
Be careful though...not every surgeon's plan is the same.  The only thing on that list that was included in my full liquid phase was creamed soups, and it had to go through a strainer first.

Everything else listed I couldn't have until purees.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 3:42 am
You poor thing! I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated. Glad you vented. That's important to have an outlet to get it out. A month ago you probably would have eaten those feelings away! Now you're dealing with them. Good for you.
With that said... Today is half over, but you can still get in your protein. Starting tomorrow get in your protein, drink your liquids and know you have only 4 more days of full liquids before advancing to purees. You can do it. Try putting protein powder in your SF Pudding. That might work for you. I love Greek Yogurt with Torani SF syrup. It's my go to protein food right now. Easy to eat, fast....
My nephew loves to say this to my neice, "...stop thinking about it, just do it!" Give it a try. I know you can do it!
theshrinkingmimi
on 12/4/11 3:47 am
You are sick of it because it is annoying.  But my real concern in what you said was that you are not getting in enough water.  That seems to be the most common thing that sends people to the emergency room. Do your best with the water.

I am almost 6 months out and I can't remember what my post-op instructions. I don't think that it was 2 weeks of liquid, but I'm not sure. I can't even find the instructions. So one day, this may all be a blur to you too.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
natural1iloveme
on 12/4/11 3:49 am - TX
Today is my 10th post surgery day and I know exactly what you mean. I am feeling the exact same way. I've tried to talk about this but most peopl do not understand. Even on this site most ppl go on and on about how great this process is but I'm a little skeptical. I am getting my water in but the protein made me feel horrible. It made my stomach feel raw,kinda the way it feels after a stomach virus. I also have diarrhea. I pray that in a few weeks I feel better about this.
hollykim
on 12/4/11 11:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
The process is great but you have to get there in baby steps. The baby step you are on sucks big time. Hang in there it WILL get better/

Are you taking a PPI like Nexium? That raw feeling in your stomach could be excess acid,even if you don't have any obvious symptoms of acid reflux. if you are not   taking a PPI ask your surgeon for a scrip . It makes an amazing difference.

Most Active