At 3 Weeks Post Op How Much Do You Used To Eat?

bathoria
on 12/12/11 10:32 am - San Antonio, TX
Ok so I will be 3 weeks post op wednesday and I know everyone is different, But do you remember how much you used to eat at this stage? Like how many tsp's at once? I still on purees of course. I would like to see if I am eating the right portions. Yesterday I ate some refried beans and then after tsp I forgot and I had a sip of water,oooppss :( my stomach hurt a little. I am doing my best and waiting 30 minutes after every meal or snack. Thanks in advance :) 

Pkrplyr777
on 12/12/11 11:34 am - CT
By no means am I a pro so if anybody says different, believe them.

Here's the thing. You will always be able to drink when you eat. A little at first then more as you go along.

DON'T !!!!!!!!

Your'e sleeve will work longer and better for you if you don't.
Follow the plan, especially in the first year.

You will be awesome!

END OF SUBJECT

IMHO

Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
sedonagirl67
on 12/12/11 1:41 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I took such a long time to eat and drink everything that it didn't matter the amount in a bowl or cup.  I sip, sip, sipped and would work on things for hours to get them down.  I didn't like eating but I knew I had to.  I was able to get 600 - 700 calories a day (according to my noteboo****pt during the first 6 months). 

I have found that even now, I take a couple of bites, wait a couple of minutes, then try to eat another.  If it takes you an hour or more to eat, then go with it.  I think that is why so many of us rely on liquid protein to get us thru certain parts of the day.  It's easier on our system and kills 2 birds with one stone, plus it's easier to carry around.

Tonite, I was at Olive Garden and able to eat several bites of the Chicken Gnocchi soup (eating the broth, veggies, and chicken...not so much gnocchi).  I took the rest of my meal home for leftovers, knowing I wouldn't be able to eat it right then. 

Eating very slowly really helps with the tummy pain.  Hope you are healing well!  Take care!
Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

camietam
on 12/12/11 3:00 pm - Ceres , CA
Hi,
We were Sleeved the same day. The PA said 1/3 cup of purees/softs 3 times a day and then drinking between. Are you able to keep the food down? How much fluid are you getting in a day?

I was a revision and I have had some troubles, but I am happy to report I had 1/3 cup smashed hard boil egg for lunch and 1/3 cup smashed refried beans for dinner. It a miracle for me to keep it down.

Camie

amberk82
on 12/12/11 8:38 pm
hello there! I am 4 weeks out as of yesterday and I am on mushies...have been since week 3 started. I can eat about 1-2 oz of food depending on what I am eating. If lunch meat, I can eat it all,...if something like chili I can not.

mandyc1975
on 12/13/11 1:54 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I started on soft foods at 3 weeks and I could eat maybe 2 oz of fat free refried beans, or half of a scrambled egg (I can't tolerate eggs anymore). It took atleast 20 - 30 minutes to eat that much. I did good not drinking after or during a meal but recently I went out and had about 2 oz of steak and a couple of bites of veggies and then without thinking, I took a drink of water. I didn't feel very good for about half an hour so I won't be doing that again.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
GoBettieGo
on 12/16/11 7:38 am - CA
I am two weeks out and I am still eating sugar free pudding,fat free beans,apple sauce and cream of wheat. at first i was bummed that i couldnt handle eggs and tuna but i hope later i will be able to. I just makes sure i get my vitamins and protien in.

Surgeon Dr.Edward Felix @Clovis Community Hospital-11/30/2011

Most Active