Is my body starving????

VUUBUG
on 1/14/12 8:37 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 I may be nuts, but every morning I am waking up sooo weak....I swear my body thinks it's starving!
I do feel better when I get my first shake in, and vitamins....I'm not hungry at all, but I think my body is craving protein.  3oz  3x a day seems to do it, but I swear I could use another for a late night snack.  I'm going to start adding protein to my water to see if that helps....I'm getting in 60g and most of my liquids....any imput to newly sleeved peeps out there?
kg34
on 1/14/12 8:45 pm - AL
I am getting in around 80-90 gm protein a day by putting in a scoop of syntrax nectar protein in my 2qts of water.  That bumps up the intake by 23gm a day.  Since I have to drink the 2qts of fluid anyway, I figure I'd make it count more.  I haven't been weak at all, and I've only been hungry (I think; could have been my imagination) once since pre-op.  I just started soft foods yesterday.

HW 243  5'5"       Pre-op - 207,  Surgery Weight 197 - 12/19/11
VUUBUG
on 1/14/12 8:54 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 yea, I think syntrax nectar is the way to go....does adding that much protein slow down weight loss?
I did buy "new liquid whey" but by reading some posts about it, doesn't look like collogen protein is good....they claim it's "liquid gold for bariatric patients" ...I did order some syntrax...can't wait for it to arrive.
julesGA
on 1/14/12 9:08 pm - Brunswick, GA
Adding protein will not hinder your loss. In fact, many people have observed that it actually helps their loss.   

BETHC500
on 1/14/12 9:32 pm
Your body is still healing, and you wont be back to full strength for a while yet. I didnt feel my normal energy return until after four weeks or so. That being said. Are you taking your vits? Does your Dr. have you on B12 supplement? and Are you getting at least 64oz of water per day?  I didnt feel any real hunger until about 6 weeks out. you may need a late nite snack, a couple bites of protein or sipping part of a protei shake may help. But I would stop eating about an hour before bed.  Good luck...

VUUBUG
on 1/14/12 9:41 pm, edited 1/14/12 9:41 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
yes, I am getting my vits in, and most of my 64oz...everyday I get more in....I did buy unjury chicken soup flavor...I think I'll try that today. I am such an impatient patient!! I expect to be back to normal right away....time will heal...in the meantime, I will mix it up a bit, and add more protein! Thanks!

happyteacher
on 1/14/12 9:53 pm
 Try paying attention to your blood sugar levels.  I only had a very occasional problem with it going low prior to surgery, but found nearly every day for the first two weeks I was fighting it.  Always the same thing- waking up first thing in the morning.  A couple mornings I was unable to get downstairs to get something so I had to send the hubby.  Once I drank 4 ounces of soy milk (later switched to the shake to shave calories) then after a relatively short period of time I felt a milliion times better.  I am 4 weeks out now and it has not been nearly as much of an issue, but still mildly present.  That first 10 days I was at 40 grams of protein then I kicked it up to 82- that also seemed to help.  But then again, the carbs climbed closer to 40 when I did that.  I started putting the multivitamin and calcium supplement by the bed at night and would take them in the middle of the night- that seemed to help the most.  They have just a few carbs in them- enough apparently to weather the long period of time between meals. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

VUUBUG
on 1/14/12 9:59 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 I think that's it!  Too long between meals....I guess I'm doing pretty well then if I'm getting in 60 plus grams...I have to tell you, I look forward to my multi vitamin....love to chew it ;)

kwiegs3856
on 1/14/12 10:31 pm - PA
VSG on 01/05/12
   I have been  getting my protein in using the Unjury chicken soup.   I have two cups of that a day, it's good but even better if you drop a no sodium chicken bouion cube, it hides the protein taste!  I also got the syntrax nectors variety pack and using those in my water between meals they are good.
  There is even some milk based shakes in the variety pack try those, chocolate, strawberry,cappaccino there all good.  I thought I was really hungry, my stomach was constantly grumbling & churning, called my surgeon staff and they told me to increase my PPI.  I was taking one 20mg in the morning, now another in the evening, what a difference that has made not feeling that tummy hunger like rumbling now.  Two bariatric multi-vitiamins & 6 chewy calcium chews, 1 sublingual B12.  I'm feeling good, but I still get tired mid-afternoon and cat nap, I know what you mean about rushing this along I see myself doing that!

cbz1815
on 1/14/12 10:51 pm
 If your surgery was this month then it is just the normal post surgery fatigue - you need more time to heal- energy will come.   Did you get your B12 shot in the hospital?
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views