3 week post op

Lace H.
on 1/31/12 6:25 pm - Kapolei, HI
VSG on 01/11/12
Hi VSG ohana,
I'm 3 weeks post op today and feeling pretty good.  I'm supposed to start my calcium, B1 and doc put me on gall stone pills.  Says people who lose weight rather quickly tend to get gall stones.  Anyone have that issue?

I'm losing slowly.  I've lost 9 lbs before surgery and 14 lbs after.  I feel good and still out of wor****il end of Feb.  Getting used to the soft foods.  Can't take in that much and don't really enjoy what I'm tasting - as my taste buds have changed.

I'm about tired of the protein shakes.  Want something more fulfilling to eat - but haven't gotten there yet in my new diet.

My skin seems different, really dry.  Not oily like it used to be.  Not sure what thats about?  I started dandruff as well after surgery.

I dont see my surgeon again until March 2nd.  He told me I couldn't exercise until after that appt.

I still get stomach spasms when I eat too fast.

Other than that, I feel great.

Alice71
on 1/31/12 9:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/09/12
We are sleeve sisters I am 3 weeks out as well , I am down 20 pounds as well. I basically had no pre diet as I am a lightweigt at 205 pounds. I am eatting all my mushies ( maybe 2/3 tablespoons at a time. I am feelling good as well , as or the dry skin it's because we are not taking in as much water( it's easier for me with warm liquids then cold) everyones differnt thou good luck and hopefully we can help/support each other in our journey
Lori D.
on 1/31/12 9:42 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
 Hi Lace,
I am a sleeve sista as well.  I had my surgery the same day as you.  I'm losing slowly as well.  I went back to work one week after surgery but I don't have a very physically demanding job.  

I can start walking but have yet to do so.  I walk a lot at work but nothing sustained or aerobic.  I've GOT to get back to the gym and have my gym bag packed for tomorrow and am hoping that will spur some weight loss.  I have lost 17 lbs and holding.

I'm with you-starting to get tired of protein shakes but want to lose my weight so bad that I'm afraid to try much else.  I'm eating cottage cheese and greek yogurt.  That's about all I've added to my diet.  I do get stomach cramps too if I eat too fast or eat something I'm not supposed to!  I'm still very tired. 

Good luck to you!

photobia
on 1/31/12 11:54 pm - NE
VSG on 01/11/12
 I am also 3 weeks out today. Tried a scrambled egg this morning and all went well. I have lost 20 lbs, but have not lost anything since Saturday. I'm walking 4 days a week. I feel pretty good, no spasms when I drink, but lots of gurgling when I eat. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. 

Rhonda

jezzzbell
on 2/1/12 5:27 am - NJ
 I am also 3 weeks out and am eating cottage cheese, soups, protein shakes, and popsicles but I have not seen a dietician yet (see her next week) and feel lost. I feel like I should be adding new foods to my diet but am afraid.  Any advice?
karenbarb
on 2/1/12 7:28 am - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
i just started soft foods today.....i am allowed all and any fish, soft pasta...but wont do it cause of carbs...mashed pot. soft veggies...cottage cheese...refried beans....meatless lasagna....cheese.......yogurt....just some ideas for ya.....

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 40 views